You can type here any text you want

My winter project ....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RobG

Some of you guys probably know this car. I bought it from a member here (turbowannabe) over a year ago and I believe he bought it from FatRide. I have been working on it little by little since then. This past Tuesday though I made some major progress by finally getting the body off the frame. I'll post pics as progress is made if you guys want to see them.

Here's a couple for now...
frame.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Looks like a lot of work man! Good job, I wish I had a big shop like that to work in!!! My 2 car garage with the two cars in it just doesnt quite cut it!!!!

That was one of my old cars. I got it from Band-Aid . Looks good, what are your plans for her? Here are a few old pics of her for you. I have more if you want any of them. It's nice to see it stay in the Buick family.

Attachments

• 100_2605 (Small).JPG
    100_2605 (Small).JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 285
  • 100_2606 (Medium).JPG
    100_2606 (Medium).JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 279
Just a few things on the list,

fresh motor

fresh paint

boxed frame...

:confused:

It'll be done in a pro-touring style though with enough motor to run 10's. Between work and house projects I promised my wife I hope it'll be road worthy by 2009.

That was one of my old cars. I got it from Band-Aid . Looks good, what are your plans for her? Here are a few old pics of her for you. I have more if you want any of them. It's nice to see it stay in the Buick family.

Hey Nick I think you left your purple panty on the ground next to the car. Hmmm oh wait, they are mine:D :D

Rob, I think you will do a great job. You seem very determined and dedicated. Let us know if we can help.

Prasad

Didn't notice the underpants.

Good thing the car is getting blasted, that should get rid of any DNA samples left behind :eek:

Yep my old car.
Nick did an awesome jobs cleaning it up ,,as he always does...
that was "turbo67camaro's car befor me ...

more pics please :)

The frame is going to the sandblaster this week but there won't be much progress on it until the end of the month. Leaving for Phoenix on Friday :D

Intercooler restoration...

Frame has been put on hold thanks to the foot of snow we've gotten so far :mad:

Anyway, here's my ESP front mount I got from a member here. A couple before & after pics for you...

esp2.jpg

Notice the dent from the latch..
esp1.jpg

ic1.jpg

ic2.jpg

Rockford

Very Nice!!! Gary Oswald moved to your area.He used to own a shop in
Elkgrove Village called Street Performance. I don't know if he is wrenching
anymore,He did my motor 3yrs. ago and still no problems. Just a thought
it looks like your doing some very nice work!

What did you use to get the intercooler to look so damn good,,,paint of powdercoat....if paint whats it called.. thansk Dennis:)

The frame is back from the sandblaster so I'll start welding stuff up this week hopefully. These things have an ungodly amount of slag from the factory so I'll have a full day just to clean that crap up.

Forrest,
I'll ask some of the locals if Gary is doing any motor work or not. I'm still shopping that part of the project around.

Dennis,
I smoothed out the end tanks and had them powdercoated THEN painted. It's House of Kolor paints "platinum" pearl, it's part of the color scheme for the hooptie. The core is Eastwood radiator satin black :)

Back