You can type here any text you want

Mystery Downpipe

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Kevin87TurboT

How many can I own??
Hey Guys,
I recently purchased a turbo Buick that had this downpipe in the trunk. The owner couldn't tell me much about it. Who manufactured this one? :confused: It's a nice looking piece, but I'm not sure how the wastegate could have worked on one of our cars...unless there was a header package that had the mating wastegate flange. Any ideas?
Thanks.
Kevin

Attachments

• downpipe1small.JPG
    downpipe1small.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 235
  • downpipe2small.JPG
    downpipe2small.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 238
I don't know who made it, but a guy name Kim Lee is probably duplicating it as we speak. :lol:

It looks like it has an old TO4 flange on it and that it had an external gate on the exhaust housing that connected to the small pipe. It could be modded to fit a TO3 style housing but it would be hard to use with anything but an external gate. Fwiw not to many in the TR community run the TO4 ex housing. They run the TO3 internal (stock type) or a tangential 4 bolt style housing that requires a v-band clamp.

I don't know who made it, but a guy name Kim Lee is probably duplicating it as we speak. :lol:

Funny response!

We need to find all the old crap developed over the years that really never worked box it up and send that to China.

Looking at my old ATR catalog from the early 90s, it looks very similar to their on-center series stainless 3" downpipe. It says it's made to fit 60-1, 62-1, and 67-1 'on-center' turbos and uses an HKS wastegate.

Looking at my old ATR catalog from the early 90s, it looks very similar to their on-center series stainless 3" downpipe. It says it's made to fit 60-1, 62-1, and 67-1 'on-center' turbos and uses an HKS wastegate.

Yeah, that sounds correct.

Back