Mystery lowering springs?

djj624

Anyone have any info on these. They came with the car when I bought it and im tempted to install them but I'm just looking for some info on them thought maybe someone has seen or used these. Tried a search with no luck and they are not on the Hotchkis web site.
aafee0aff327fa2860591c5dcf0ec67a.jpg

Part numbers 19830001 and 19930003.

You need to measure the free height and then have someone check the spring rate with a compressor that gives the rate.

I had these on my white car and If I remember correctly they are a 1" drop spring... Rate I am unsure about.....

Something to think about when buying drop springs! Many think that if they buy a 2" drop spring it's supposed to drop their car that 2", that's not the case because those numbers are based on the cars stock new springs ride height, now after 27 years the car has sagged so you will not achieve that intended drop.... I measured and documented my ride height before and after installing the DSE 2" drop springs to show people this. Keep in mind ALL cars ride heights will vary so everyone's end measurement will vary as well...

Here is some good info showing that----
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/complete-dse-suspension-build.329141/

you can calculate the spring rate using the coil diameter and the number of coils.. it's not a hard formula to use, and teh googles should be able to help you figure out how to do it.

then if you want to get fancy you can do some more math and figure out how it compares to a stock spring and where the car will sit relative to the stock setup..