You can type here any text you want

N/A 109..Ported TURBO 8445 HEADS Cammed ON JUICE comments?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87chrisss

BLUBYU
my buddy has a n/a motor he's throwing at me for chump change, was wondering where i could get with a n/a block i have a few turbo heads, and some parts laying around to either make it turbo or juice, looking for a cheapo setup flat tap cam carb some headers and a big shot of juice will it run? im thinking of throwing as much juice as it can take maybe 200 or 300 shot if it'll hold not sure what block this is might be a newer supercharged block or a regular 3800 block i havent checked the #'s so im assuming its a n/a block

Nitrous is just chemical supercharging. So, yes, it'll work fine. Better school up on nitrous tuning before attempting it, though. (especially at 200+ settings) It can do some serious damage if not tuned right, just like running 25 psi boost on 87 octane. Run good fuel and go conservative with nitrous settings until you learn how to make it run good. Might have an issue with compression, though. These engines have pretty weak compression figures for NA/N20 to make good power. Back in the '80's I use to build 2,240 cid V-12 and we would use 900-1000 HP hit on the bottle(s) (5 -30 lb. bottles and they would be empty in a 5 minute heat) Nitrous is prety cool stuff and if tuned right (and injected in the right place) would be kinda fun with a Buick. I prefere a turbo, though. Your turbo never runs out, and we don't have to fill the dang things up after 5 minutes of operation, either. Man! ........THAT gets old quick.

NA / 109 block?? If it is, it's absolutely NO diffrent than a turbo 109 block, except having to drill and tap the front of it for the oil drain back line. I would say it will blow up pretty fast with no bottom end support and you better be on your game with that much juice!!

got it!
anything to look for if its a newer block? also the 80's n/a block has the same cam as turbo car's? i have headers and heads laying around might just grab it and find a cheap 44 or stocker and throw it in my truck.. just wanted to try juice never have sprayed ive gone n/a before and turbo..never sprayed nitrous...

FWD will have a smaller bellhousing on it but can be adapted to RWD trannys with a simple plate. You can get the plate from speeway motors if that's the case.

The key to the juice and these motors is how hard the N20 comes in and rate of flow over duration of use. I used 2 1/2 foot lines from my solenoid to the plate. this softens that blow alot. makes the bottom end hold alot longer. Also, dont be afraid to use multiple stages, start low and work high, stepping each stage by 50-75... this again can be fine tuned with nozzle distance adjustment. You would be amazed at what the stock cast pistons can hold if you crank the power up slowly.
But if you get even the slightest peck of detonation, at any level above 175hp, the pistons will pull the crown off themselfs. Ask Charlie, he has seen what ive done to the insides of NA motors.

N/A stuff is fun but it can get expensive quick if aren't careful. It starts with better pistons and then you find a good deal on some rods, should install a better crank then ... it goes on. So, after many years and several thousands bucks you have a killer Buick V6 that will make less HP than a mild LS but at double the cost. I have no regrets but it wasn't cheap. Get stock shortblocks and spray the wee out of it. You might need to cahnge engines a lot but it would be cheap fun. Assuming of course the labor is free to change motors. Start with a small initial shot like 100 or less and then stage it up from there. Keep the revs down and have fun. I will eventually spray mine but for now just N/A. Do it, tons of fun.

i really want to go ls turbo but i cant get rid of my turbo buick. these guys around my house have a 4k build they did all the work themselves junkyard motor!!! dipping in the 5's on the 1/8th!! @ over 112 mph and they beat the crap out that motor.. every other day you can here the rev limit bouncing when theyre driving it around.. 6bolt main theyve never blown just keep eating exhaust gaskets,

Back