You can type here any text you want

N/A Builds

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
KB Mark 2R cam
Ported heads w/ 1.77 valves
KB Single Plane intake w/ holley 600
9.5 to 1 Compression

Aaron

I stand corrected....my cam is the Mark-I not II. That sounds like a tipical late 80's early 90's KB recipe. Same numbers as mine minus the intake, cam, the Holley and the crap 2.41's. :D

4.10's.....wow you'll need a fuel truck to pace you. :eek:

Granted that my NA was done in the 80's but I had good sucess with massivly ported heads, 4.1 intake opened up, 1" spacer, Q-jet, KB 1&5/8 headers, 342's, 13"tires, saginaw 4 speed, in a Skyhawk. Ran great and 14's in the quarter. Never had knock and ran 42 degrees timing total. I switched to a 5 speed for the street and still got over 20mpg in town. With the 4 speed it ran 3400 at 55 and was VERY anoying to drive on the highway.

.... in a Skyhawk. Ran great and 14's in the quarter. Never had knock and ran 42 degrees timing total. I switched to a 5 speed for the street and still got over 20mpg in town. With the 4 speed it ran 3400 at 55 and was VERY anoying to drive on the highway.

Lol....of course you'll get better numbers. The Regal is several hundred pounds heavier. :rolleyes:

But back then there wasn't a good selection of cams as there are now. I had to run the factory turbo cam with a max lift of .420. Still not to bad if you think if it.

VK, go to Home and check it out. No points membership necessary. The Weds. night program is a great place to start, or test 'n' tune on Sat's or run for a trophy on Sun's ... Erik, when's the mew combo coming together? Wish I had those M&A' s, or Champions, or T/A's 10 years ago! The stock rocker arrangement was tough to sort out with biggier spring pressures. GB

But back then there wasn't a good selection of cams as there are now. I had to run the factory turbo cam with a max lift of .420. Still not to bad if you think if it.

My cam is at that lift, (.420), conservative but not too bad. I have'nt bought any cams for a V-6 in several years. I've heard of some good ones now but I agree, back in the day it was hard to find good ones for the Buick V-6's. Pretty much just KB, Edelbrock or custom grind.

But the rule still applies: Anything more than .420 and the exhaust guides on the heads have to be machined down.

My block and heads were done by Rhere and Morrison in Arlington. The guys who did the Indy blocks back then. Just for boring the block it was $600 and that was some serios money then. The heads were done by an old teacher and the guides were cut way down for extra clearence. I had plans to put a roller cam and rockers in it but got a chance to go to college and it went to a friend to hold. It's a rot bucket now unfortunatly.

Greg, the "big" engine is actually starting to come together. I have done some trading to get a set of rods and a set of pistons. We will shoot for about 13 to 1 compression but maybe a little more. The heads are still not finished but they have had conservative porting done, ceramic sealed, titanium valves both intake and exhaust, 1.6 roller rockers, and that big solid roller I got from you. The engine builder has never installed a gear drive but has had many requests so he is going to use my engine as the test mule. Like everything, this has taken a long time but I think it will be worth it. I need to get some more pics and post them somewhere. I also need to sell some stuff so I can pay for the engine :tongue:

That Vega should rip! The gear drive setup isn't all that difficult. Just be sure he sets backlash to .005" and you're bulletproof. I use a good damper with it as well - don't want crank harmonics influencing the valves too much. GB

What type of dampr to you suggest Greg? I am going to leave it external balance because I don't expect to rev it past 7 grand. Probably won't rev it past 6500 either but you never know :) I need to get the TH-350 installed so I don't destroy ... wel, everything with the 4 speed. The car when finished should be a hoot. Already can't get any races because nobody wants to get beat by a wagon with "V6POWER" plates on it. It aint even that fast yet.

Sorry it took so long, Erik. I was looking for an external balance deal. ATI lists one of their Super Dampers which have an excellent rep. Before ordering, call to be sure it has a Buick pulley bolt pattern... ATI's # 866-379-4632. I like my Rattler, but it's neutral bal. and BBC bolt pattern. atiracing.com GB

Back