You can type here any text you want

NASCAR stageII for sale

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tnttimber

I have a complete Nascar stage II motor out of a bush car from the mid 90's. This thing is complete from intake to pan and in great shape.

4.0 bore stageII block, splayed billet caps
3.083 stroke Kings billet crank

I have a complete Nascar stage II motor out of a bush car from the mid 90's. This thing is complete from intake to pan and in great shape. It was built by Fisher Racing Engines

232ci.
3.083 stroke Kings billet crank off center
6.5" Oliver rods with forged pistons
4 stage dry sump pump, pan, lines
aluminum stageII heads and intake, fully ported
roller cam, Jessel valvetrain
MSD distributor, wires, plugs, waterpump, dampener, pulleys and belts

Quartermaster magnesium bellhousing, 7.25" double disk clutch, reverse starter

14,000$ obo

Contact Nate 209-602-1033 (CA)

Seperate it all, you might make more money selling it that way. How much for just the block? :D

Nate,

Like Dave stated above the "Real" $ value on an ex-Busch GN engine is somewhere in the neighborhood of $4k to $6k. I would tell you that since it's a de-stroked engine it isn't a Busch motor due to the small displacement. Probably something from IMSA or possibly Indy. If it's a late Indy V6 short deck engine then it's a true high dollar boat anchor.

Good Luck on your sale.

Neal

tnttimber said:
I have a complete Nascar stage II motor out of a bush car from the mid 90's. This thing is complete from intake to pan and in great shape. It was built by Fisher Racing Engines

232ci.
3.083 stroke Kings billet crank off center
6.5" Oliver rods with forged pistons
4 stage dry sump pump, pan, lines
aluminum stageII heads and intake, fully ported
roller cam, Jessel valvetrain
MSD distributor, wires, plugs, waterpump, dampener, pulleys and belts

Quartermaster magnesium bellhousing, 7.25" double disk clutch, reverse starter

14,000$ obo

Contact Nate 209-602-1033 (CA)

I'll be the first to admit that I know nothing about Buick v6 motors. I came up with the price for this engin based off of what I have read on this forum, with complete stageII engines listing for between 15 and 20k. Can someone explain the diference between mine and the others I've seen for sale? :confused:
If its only worth 4k Ill keep it!!!

Nate,

Basically someone would have to take your High compression aspirated motor and re-configure it to work as a Low compression turbo motor. Also it would have to be converted to wet sump for most applications and fuel injection also. Most people don't run Stage II heads either although they seem to be gaining a little in populartity for street cars. Another hang up is the small displacement since most guys want as large an engine as possible. Busch GN engines are typically 274 cu in. If you can put up some pics it would help.

Neal

tnttimber said:
I'll be the first to admit that I know nothing about Buick v6 motors. I came up with the price for this engin based off of what I have read on this forum, with complete stageII engines listing for between 15 and 20k. Can someone explain the diference between mine and the others I've seen for sale? :confused:
If its only worth 4k Ill keep it!!!

It seems to me that one of you turbo guys could swap the pistons for a set of reverse domes, match the weight of the domed pistons and be good to go. What type of heads do you use? I was surprised by the short stroke crank (a little dissapointed) when I pulled the pan but very pleased with the quality and condition of the components.
Switching to wet sump oiling seems easy, but Ill have to take your word on that due to my limited knowledge. Ill take some pics :)

ALso a camshft change,as the NA came would most likely not be a good turbo cam,change over to wet sump mean all new pump line and oil pan,All not cheap items,Sounds like a great block for a build up,BUt again not sure about using such a destroker, But hey itll spin into the 9000 area :D

Nate,

That's a good question. I have never posted any myself. I'm sure Otto can give you some pointers. You might be better off to host them from another site and create a link.

Neal

tnttimber said:
Your right, the cam wouldnt be ideal.
How do I post pics?

pics

if they are on your computer

hit post reply , them scroll down and hit manage attachments , then hit the browse button which will open a folder on your computer then find the one you want , double click on it then hit the upload button :)

Back