You can type here any text you want

Need a DFI VI Starting point

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pox

Neither small nor chicken
I can't get the car to start, even getting combustion is a no go. Just finished a rebuild and am running an accel dfi 6 unit. If i could just get the car up and running I am pretty sure I would be well and on my way. If anyone could help me with a program or at least a point in the right direction i'd really appreciate it. What should I be getting into as far as crank enrichment and ignition timing? I've plugged in the numbers from JDEstill's base fuel maps, but am still lost.

My setup

Sorry, here's the setup I am running - or trying to anyway:

I have a '86 LC2 in a '86 Monte Carlo SS:
Accel SFI Gen VI, #72 injectors, T60-1 Ceramic BB turbo, Eastern Performance IC, 210-210 cam, 1.65 Rockers, PnP'd 4.1L heads, PnP'd Stock '86 intake, 62mm TB, old style ATR headers, MSD DIS4, Aeromotive Fuel Pump off a sumped stock tank.

This is just me, but I don't like the idea of breaking in a new motor and trying to figure out a DFI program. Use your old set up to break in the motor or at least throw in some small injectors just to break it in. If you had a DFI on it before you did the rebuild then it should still start up.

Back