You can type here any text you want

Need a Gn Shop in TN!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1987boosted

I have not posted in a long time. Electrical Engineering program at TN Tech has been brutal, and my GN went down after I recieved my Associates. So now I have my job lined up I am looking to pull the dusty black garage ornament out of my parents garage and am looking for shops in Tn. Currently the motor exhibits EXCESSIVE blow by and is blowing massive amounts of smoke out the tailpipes. It has been started ONCE in 3 years and I have truly only charged the battery now and again...painful, but truly I have had no desire to touch it when my bank account barely buys bread and water. I am not looking to fix the current problem, as I do not currently care wth is wrong with it. I am looking for a shop close to me to do the work for a full rebuild including upgrades on everything under the hood. Anyone with experience with anyone close chime in, I am looking to go beyond stock and shoot for high tens...not looking for build advice, only suggestions for a builder who will know what needs to be done and can do it....I will sign the check. Currently in Cookeville Tn whos out there within a reasonable distance 120 miles?

First name that jumps to mind in TN is Scot W. He is very knowledgeable about our cars, and can probably, at the very least, point you in the right direction. He is in the Knoxville area.

Im in TN & looking for a shop 2

HI Im Jay and im looking for a GN shop in TN also. Im in Murfreesboro TN. My car is running But not so well. I just upgraded everything just about. The car ran good befor but not so much now. Just tunning I hope. There is a guy in Lewisville KY Im talking to (Astland) . Puddin in chatt, TN is someone I also heard about. If you find someone please let me know...:)

Here is a very good engine builder / GN restorer that is just outside of nashville (the shop is in clarksville). The shop is ICE motorsports. He specializes in buick turbo motors, and other motors also. The owner is D'wayne McCaulley. He built my turbo stage 2 GMC Sonoma that is in my signature. He literally did everything from the ground up! you can see the entire built in the link below. His shop has a complete machine shop and can do any kind of work for you. One other thing about ICE. unlike most machine shops he gets his stuff done QUICK! I highly recommened him! He has built many motors for fellow board members including my 109 that was in the truck, he built my stage 2 motor, he has also built board memeber sdteb 9 second 109 and he has built a bunch of motors for the moderator Quick6'n'-K.C. and many others. give him a call at the shop 931-358-4773.

Going to be hard to find a good GN engine builder in Tennessee. If you guys have the engine built I will do the install. I would be glad for you to come down and see mine before you made that decision. In fact I would prefer that you saw my work first. I would be glad to help. I'm between Nashville and Chattanooga.

He also does interior, paint, powder coating. Basically everything! everything that is done to my truck was personally done by him in a matter of 2-3 months. From a $400.00 POS truck to what it is now! I think my build and engine bay speaks for itself

Larry Sexton in white house has built two engines for me including a stage motor. He's very good at what he does and can build an awesome motor. pm me and if your interested in talking with him and I'll give you his #.

ps JAY you dont need a shop !! YUU CAN DU ITT ! :biggrin:

I am always willing to help former members out if I can.

At my parents buisness I have done Auto Upholstery for over 20yrs, I have done full complete Auto restorations, convertable tops, Vynal tops, carpet, trunk kits, Welding, Fabrication and much more.

I have a customers car here now thats almost done and he is very happy with the workmanship and the timely manner it's done.

I can have anything powdercoated as my own engine on my last car was all done.

Here are some engine pic's of my old car that was in Popular Hot Rodding, GM high tech performance, and also in the GSXtra.

If I can help anyone out feel free to call..

Scot W.
(865)680-4008

Going to be hard to find a good GN engine builder in Tennessee. If you guys have the engine built I will do the install. I would be glad for you to come down and see mine before you made that decision. In fact I would prefer that you saw my work first. I would be glad to help. I'm between Nashville and Chattanooga.
Not hard at all to find a builder in TN !!! There are several very reputable guy's here in TN that have done some VERY nice stuff!!

Plus (your in TN) Your statement is kind of contradicting isn't it?

Scot W.

Fantastic replys guys. I truly appreciate it. I am looking to do this in the near future, graduating in December and have a job outside of Nashville, things FINALLY are looking great. My GN is outside Knoxville, but I can pull and tow it anywhere in TN...I just want to be close to the shop and develop a relationship that I can rely on in the future. The car will need paint (not horrible, but while the engine is pulled its not a bad idea) and the driver seat needs attention so the replys are looking like a one stop solution and this is fantastic. I am getting stoked, have not brought it up to my woman of the house, but I am willing to drive my old beater just to get that money gobbler back on the road...I have sacrificed every hobby just to finish this damned college...thanks again guys and I will be contacting each one in the near future guaranteed....I look forward to speaking to those suggested

If your looking for a motor rebuild or what ever, Dwayne is the man. I actually met him thru some tennessee friends awhile back, he just purchased a machine shop since he was building so many motors. Now his machine shop is right down the road from his house.

He does alot of fabrication work and in house powdercoating, painting, and of course engine rebuilds. I know he just bought a flow bench back in september.

The guy does real good work.
BW

Where were you guys when I needed a engine built?:biggrin: I didn't say I would build the engine. I said I would pull the engine and install the new build. No charge!!! Just to help a fellow GN owner. I didn't build my engine.. I had it done up north because I wanted to have a knowledged builder do it. I was just offering to help not build.

Builder

I am just across the Alabama line and have build alot of fast Buicks if I can help let me know.

Thanks Chris Hogeland (256)762-0086

Glad to see that there are a few knowledgable shops in the Kentucky/Tennessee area.

Back