You can type here any text you want

Need advice on shocks and springs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

my1stgn

Wanting to go lower on the car. Pretty much stock suspension besides the rear upper and lower control arms which have been upgraded. From what I hear, Billstien is the way to go ? And any major difference between the Moog and the Eibach springs, looking at going with a 1-2" drop. Also drag race the car on the weekends and run 10.5x28" slicks. Rear frame is notched and fender is cut for better tires clearance. Looking at running bigger rims later on also. Most likely 20". Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

What shocks to run?

What springs would handle better with a 1-2" drop?

And any website to find these for the cheapiest price. Thanks!

bilstien is the way to go, tirerack has them the cheapest.

have no experience with moog, im sure theyre good springs,
others will prob chime in and give you the moog vs eibach rundown.

personally i'm loving the eibach/bilstien combo since i put them in.
much better handling, the car can take corners with confidence now.
the ride is still very smooth too, no complaints.

Thanks for the reply. Anyone else suggest either the Moogs or the Eibachs? Differences?

suspension set up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After many months of planning and finally installing everything I thought I would share my results so that maybe someone else can benefit from my experience and results. My GN has 62,xxx miles and I finally retired it from any daily driving last year. My intent is to slowly improve the car's appearance and occasionally run it down the strip. I decided to start with brake and suspension mods intending to improve handling and to lower the car about 1 inch. After many months of reading on the board and also pestering Silver Fox with a few PMs I decided to go with Baer brakes front and rear, SC&Cs Street Comp Stage 2 package, front Moog 5658 springs and Bilstein shocks. Well, the first approach went well as far as the front suspension changes and the brakes. No issues with the Baer modification. (Converted to vacuum brakes many years ago and have never had a problem of any sort.) Front dropped 1 and 1/2 inches which was just fine with me. My big hassle has been the back springs. I decided to go with the Moog 5413 in the rear which so many have praised but it RAISED the car an inch and more importantly the springs were too short so that everytime the rear was lifted the spring came out of its perch. I can't explain why others have not noted this problem. Well, this was a step backwards so I went with the rear spring choice of Silver Fox, the Global West S-69 spring and it works for me. First, the spring is long enough to stay in place and it lowered the car one inch. The front now measures 25" and the rear 26". Again, I just thought I would share my experience. And BTW I have a pair of Moog 5413 springs for sale with 4 miles on them if anyone is interested!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rob, thanks again for your help!

Posted this last week and thought you might find it helpful. BTW, I found the Bilsteins cheaper at Bilstein Shocks | Bilstein PSS10 | Bilstein PSS9 | Eibach Springs | Koni Shocks | Tokico Shocks since at that time they had a "shipping free" thing going on.

Dean

Bilsteins are avalible in black as well for those who dont like yellow.

Back