You can type here any text you want

NEED breathers to use with OE Valve covers for Oil catch can system??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
i have two driver side OE valve covers and would like to make my own catch can system.
i am having trouble finding breathers that attach properly with NO leaks to the OE valve covers.
what are you using with your OE valve covers??

I think I used the 1" press in, all chrome w/the 5/8" hose adapter in the cap.

im using a set of valve covers with a welded in AN fitting.. going to do the catch can also.. this is ready to get powder coated now valve cover.jpg

head to your favorite auto parts store and head for the bling section.. somewhere in there- wedged between the Mr Gasket 14" round open element air cleaner and the fart cannon mufflers you will find a couple of different breathers to choose from. measure the hole in your cover and pick up a grommet while you are there, too. the breather might even have the proper grommet on it.

if you don't want a cheap chrome breather or can't find anything there, get this.. Wix part number 42997.. and whatever grommet you need.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WIX-42997/?rtype=10

WIX-42997.jpg

there are also variations of this basic breather that screw into a stock valve cover, but i don't know what application to look up for those.

i also just remembered that some V8 Fords in the 70's and 80's used an oil filler cap that had baffles and a grommet for the pcv valve.. something like that could also work for what you are doing.

i have two driver side OE valve covers and would like to make my own catch can system.
i am having trouble finding breathers that attach properly with NO leaks to the OE valve covers.
what are you using with your OE valve covers??[/QUOTE]

If you do a search on both this and the other board.....you'll find lots of info on catch cans.

I made up a double catch can set up for my car and am very pleased on how they look and more importanly how well they function.

Used a pair of AMW (American Machine Works) Catch Cans.....one for the valve cover venting & the other for the PCV system.

Here's a link:

Accurate Machine Works

And some pics of my set up.

AMW catch cans 002.jpgAMW catch cans 005.jpgView attachment PCVCatchCanInstallationInstructions.pdf
Use your standard valve cover vent / filter with the molded 90degree plastic elbow and the metal tube (this os the one on the passenger side valve cover)......and simply connect heater hose running under your turbo inlet bell to the catch can....then back (same route) into your turbo inlet bell. Since your running another passenger side valve cover....just go x 2 (I'm assuming they are stock valve covers)? If they're aftermarket valve covers....same set up will work....
Note: you will have to step down the heater hose to connect to the 3/8" hose barb on the catch can, then step back up when connecting to your turbo inlet bell.......(or simply replace the barbed fittings onthe catch can to 5/8" hose? which I think is the correct size for the turbo inlet bell?

Back