Need help diagnosing this knock coming from engine

87GNT

So engines top half has been recently refreshed and has a stock bottom end. Took it out on the highway and put it under some boost 15-18 PSI (NOT WOT) got off the highway and came to a light. I notices my oil pressure which was typically at 20-30 at idle was now between 2-8 psi. When I let of the light the oil pressure rises as it should however i started to hear knocking noises coming from the engine. Thankfully i was just around the block from my house so I didnt drive it far in this condition.

I didnt know what to think of it so I waited till the next next day i changed the oil from 10-30 to 20-50 and started it up and the pressure shot up to 40psi. After letting the car idle the pressure came back to about 8-10psi no clicking or knocking..I rev it and it sounds good. However, when i put it in drive (under brake)and slightly give it gas (simulate under load) I hear knocking noise coming from the left side.

I have attached the video:

Last edited:
So engines top half has been recently refreshed and has a stock bottom end. Took it out on the highway and put it under some boost 15-18 PSI (NOT WOT) got off the highway and came to a light. I notices my oil pressure which was typically at 20-30 at idle was now between 2-8 psi. When I let of the light the oil pressure rises as it should however i started to hear knocking noises coming from the engine. Thankfully i was just around the block from my house so I didnt drive it far in this condition. I didnt know what to think of it so I waited till the next next day i changed the oil from 10-30 to 20-50 and started it up and the pressure shot up to 40psi. After letting the car idle the pressure came back to about 8-10psi no clicking or knocking..I rev it and it sounds good. However, when i put it in drive (under brake)and slightly give it gas (simulate under load) I hear knocking noise coming from the left side. I have attached the video:
Rod & main bearings! Don't run it any longer you might be able to save the crank!