Need help,fuel pump won't come on

2QWIK4U

Just installed new tank and sending unit,now pump won't come on. Ive got the ATR hot wire kit that was used with the double pumpers when I had it,it was working fine until now with just a single pump. I can jump across the relay and pump comes on, but no fire to pump otherwise. Tried new relay but didn't help. Checked all grounds.What activates the relay when switch is turned on? Replaced inline fuse to relay just in case,didnt help. Checked fuses under dash and all are ok. Why am I not getting voltage across the relay?

ECM is hooked up, right? Did you probe the factory fp relay to make sure the green/white wire is energizing when the key is turned on? Probe it with a test light and turn the key to run and it should light for a few seconds. I am not familiar with the ATR setup, but some hotwire kits still use the factory fp relay to tell the hotwire relay to kick in. I assume the relay you replaced was the hotwire kit relay. :)

Refresh my memory. Where is factory relay? I did replace the ATR relay

The fuel pump relay is above the passenger side wheel well, see picture

Mel

Attachments

• ESClocation.jpg
    ESClocation.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 96
As bad as I hate to admit it, I figured it out.................... the .10 cent 20 amp fuse under dash was problem after 2 days of trying to figure it out!!!! In my defense this fuse really doesn't look blown, put new fuse in and pump came on. I guess after 24 years it got tired,but it's fixed now.