You can type here any text you want

Need help identifying stage II block

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Alky V6

Let's go racing, boyz!
Casting number is 25500153.
Center caps are 4 bolt with outer 2 splayed.
Front and rear caps are not cross bolted.
Appears to be on-center.

I've seen 25500153 stage II on-center blocks with cross bolted front and rear caps. This block without the cross bolted mains, is this just an early version?

Donnie, That is a standard late production 4.1 stage 2

6 bolt center mains appeared in production in the late 400s to middle 500s
I havent seen any after that and I have blocks up thru U1286. this number is on the left front side of block . they are all starting with U???? Mike:cool:

Don,

It's an early On center block. Does it have an oil pick up provision at the #1 main?

Neal

Don,

It's an early On center block. Does it have an oil pick up provision at the #1 main?

Neal
The block belongs to someone else. I no longer have it to look at. I can find out though. So this is an early design level? The cross bolted blocks came later?

Yep. There were a couple of other weird versions also. It appears that the blocks evolved into the latest version that Mike described above. I know with the Offcenter blocks the earliest ones had 2 Steel main caps, then three then all four.

Neal

Hey, I stand corrected. I was thinking that you said the front and rear caps were cross-bolted. never post when you are tired!!! neil is correct.
sorry mike:confused:

Hey, I stand corrected. I was thinking that you said the front and rear caps were cross-bolted. never post when you are tired!!! neil is correct.
sorry mike:confused:

Thanks for clearing the muddy water.

Thanks Neal for the info.

Back