Need Help In A Hurry!!!!

skwatt

I just went to the dyno to try and see what my car was gonna do. Needless to say I am disappointed and baffled. It seems as though the car is not shifting properly. On many pulls, the car launches hard and then around 4800 RPM, she just kinda cruises. With my setup I would have thought I would have been around 350 HP (check signature). Best pull was only 205 HP!?!?!?!?! I am going to try and get into the programming for the chip to try and adjust the second and third gear settings at WOT. Is there anything else that can be done. All parameters on the Scanmaster appear to be normal. 800-850 on O2 sensor, 12 on AF, .44 on TPS, etc. etc. I was at 21 pounds of boost and no knock on a mix of 93 and 100 octane. PLEASE HELP!!!!

but at some point it has to shift into high gear. it would get to about 85 mph and then just level off at 4800 RPM and it didn't feel like it was pulling at all

not if you don't put it in overdrive besides dyno operator should have a button as soon as you hit hit 3rd wide open he should be able to start and stop dyno your only gonna get good info in 3rd gear because its direct drive

i need to do a little reading up on this transmission. just to make sure, you are saying that in 3rd gear, the RPM drop is minimal and will not go up from there? if that is the case, does 4800-5000 RPM sound like I am getting it atleast close?

what im saying is the dyno will only give you good info when your trans is in direct drive which with a 2004r is 3rd gear you get in 3rd gear and make a pull at wot and don't let it shift (dont put in od) ive never had a dyno operator let me have my car shift through the gears don't forget you loose around 20% through drive train so 205 at the rear wheels would be about 41 hp more at the flywheel

i understand the drivetrain HP loss. That is not my concern. I just thought that with what I have done to the car, I would be around 350 at the flywheel. The HP numbers I got were stock numbers, and I am not stock. We were in 3rd gear for the pulls, but it just broke up on the big end. I think it is a fuel problem with all the up and down surges I got on the graph. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't have a transmission issue. I have never run a high stall converter before and I am in a big learning curve right now.

how do i post a question
how do i post a question, i am new to this site thanks

go to the top of the page and hit the button that says "post new thread"

I would do a comppression check and then get a scan-tool that you can record info to see whats wrong.