You can type here any text you want

Need Help On I.d.

• Thread starter Thread starter jonnyb
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
J

jonnyb

SORRY I HAVE HAD TOO MANY PROJECTS
82 BUICK REGAL LTD SPORT COUPE TURBO 4BBL
VIN 1G4AK47735CH188666
THE BODY CODES READ:
82 02B 4GJ477 H 160435
13E 84L 8OT L
AS7
CO4 CF5
THERE IS A 16 HAND STAMPED ON THE SIDE OF THE MATEL TAGS.

THE ONLY THING I KNOW ABOUT IT IS THAT IT CAME FROM COVERT AUSTIN DEALERSHIP.
THE FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL SHOWS:
REGAL
REGAL STATION WAGON
LTD
SPORTS COUPE
AS DIFFERENT NUMBERS. MINE COMES UP AS A REGAL: IT REALLY IS SWEET PERFORMANCE-LUX AND HANDLING IT DOES HAVE THE ALUMINUM REAR DRUMS AND BRACKETS ON THE BUMPER THE TURBO GAUGE DUAL EXHAUST AND IT CAME WITH STEEL RALLY WHEELS. COULD IT BE AS SC\GN WITH A LTD PACKAGE. DO YOU KNOW OF ANY PRODUCTION NUMBERS AND BALL PARK FIGURE ON VALUE IN GOOD OR VERY GOOD CONDITION?
ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

It is a Sport Coupe, but it's not a Grand National. This car was produced too early in the model year to be a GN. Still a neat car because of it's options.

The gray and silver paint is part of the RPO Y44 Sport Coupe Decor package (like a 1984/86 WH1 option car). It looks a lot like a GN, especially since it would have a blacked out grille and light bezels. Also, it has a Landau roof instead of T Tops. Same slate gray/charcoal interior color, but with the upgarded interior of a Limited model and a console between the 45/45 seats.

You have a well optioned '82 Sport Coupe. There were 2,022 SC made in '82.

I had a car VERY similar to yours. Here's a picture of it before it was junked :(
http://home.flash.net/~rjgeorge/images/139106.jpg
Same colors, but the silver extends all the way to the bottom. On the GN, there is charcoal above and below the silver.

Back