Need help PLEASE on my tranny issue!

snail power

Well I finally purchased my GN today and proceeded to install a steadfast column on it, and low behold I went to Walgreens and attempted to put the car in PARK and wasn't allowing me too, so I suspected a linkage issue but I literally just bought it today!! So anyhow taking the blame on this part I removed the steadfast unit and junked it because I was pissed the F-off... Now while at Wallgreens messing with the sifter4 and column the shifter suddenly became loose...now questions is I am able to shift from Park into R,OD,D,2,1 ....when I proceed to shift back to park it's completely loose and on top of that now that shifter is WAY THE F-off from the meet points on the gearshalf (half way between P and R is when in reverse, etc etc to D3,2,1.. Is my issue of me being a desperate jackass snapped my cable... Please let me know because I am mad as **** at myself for doing this already..... BTW the car I purchased was from Roy Garcia (boost).. Standy up guy and definitely a patient one! I appreciate his knoledge and advice. Thanks again Roy, and TIA to whomever can help me with this issue...i hate shifting from rotating the column!! :mad:

Regards,

Nick

Factory service manual is a must for working on the car or you can try gnttype.org in the tech. section.

Manual is about $70 from Helm Inc.

Shifter cable is about $45 or so from GM and a few vendors such as Kirbans Performance Products.

Takes about 2 hours or so to put it in.

You have to remove the console, two screws under the door storage portion and two in the shift plate in the ashtray.

Good luck. :)

Kind of ironic as I installed my Steadfast collar on my GN today as well, been sitting here next to the computer for 3 1/2 years now. :eek:

Wasn't easy to align and all but it works okay and I'm sure it will scratch up my nice column, but it will never be coming off so who cares.... ;)

Breaking the cable could happen at anytime, usually at a bad time unfortunately, I had one go last year on me. :(

A refund??

Sounds to me like you need to ask Roy for a refund, and take that money, go back to Walgreens, and buy a refill of your meds.:D :D