You can type here any text you want

Need help with BLM issue.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
My block learn stays 150 too so let me know if you find the culprit.I took my pcv valve out and blocked it up and run a filter on the breather.Still the same block learn no.

I changed the base setting and it had zero affect.
I know the car is rich, I can smell it. Why does the ecm think its lean?
Is this a problem I should be concerned about?

You have to take into consideration whats at the other end of the lines attached to the vacuum block. The only real way to test is with a vacuum pump. You would pull each line off the block and hook to a vac pump and see if they hold vacuum. A handheld vacuum pump can be bought at sears for $20-$30 bucks.

Otherwise the process I posted for you earlier will work, you just have to take your time and process of eliminate.

some of erics chips switch to open loop idle after a key cycle or 2. So that's probably part of whats going on.

Reset the ECM after each change to see the effect.

Bob

I've found most exhaust leaks using a stethoscope. Harbor Freight (Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices if there isn't a store near you) has a useable one for $3 when it's on sale. Just go around each port and flange and listen. Get a friend to cover the exhaust with their hand, or stuff rags in to raise the backpressure. If it stalls, well, maybe it's sealed :-). Don't forget all the connections on the intercooler, and the intercooler itself - anyplace after the MAF and before the intake valves that could let in unmetered air.

OK guys,
I capped off the line on the vac block thats goes over to the map sensor.
Idle BLMs dropped to around 131-135 at idle and normal FP. Base setting was at 1 though. So I think I have a smoking gun now. I'll play more later. I'm willing to bet that there is probably a leak in the other line that goes to the heater too. Weird that they didn't show up in the smoke test?
Thanks for all the help.

OK guys,
I capped off the line on the vac block thats goes over to the map sensor.
Idle BLMs dropped to around 131-135 at idle and normal FP. Base setting was at 1 though. So I think I have a smoking gun now. I'll play more later. I'm willing to bet that there is probably a leak in the other line that goes to the heater too. Weird that they didn't show up in the smoke test?
Thanks for all the help.

make sure the plastic lines to the map sensor dont have a hole from being rubbed or vibrated a hole thru it or hairline cracks. inspect carefully

Back