You can type here any text you want

need help with extender options

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jebadias

I need help ordering an extender chip. The clerk at ramchargers handed me a sheet with all the options but there are a couple of things here that I'm not too sure about. Of course when I asked him his eyes kinda glossed over and he got that deer in the headlights look.

Wastegate % low/high gear: I have absolutly no idea what they are asking for here. Can someone educate me please?

Datastream: Should I get the high speed? I use scanmaster 2.1 and turbolink 4.0

I would also like recomendations on octane settings if anyone has some.

My car is mostly street driven on 93 octane and alky. All mods are in the signature except for my new Translator + and 3.5" MAF. TIA

Kinda overwhelming at first isn't it?

Wastegate % low/high gear. Not real important since your adjustable wastegate is the primary boost control. This is an option on the chips control of the wg solenoid. Most race chips are set to WG duty cycle of 100%. Not real important what you pick since you set the actual boost level with your WG rod. I went with 85/80. The second number is smaller to retain 3rd (high) gear scale back of boost like the stock chip.

Datastream. I went with stock datastream since I use the old TurboLink that doesn't like the fast codes. Look at your TL 4.0 manual and see which streams work with it. Just realize that to get the faster datastream you will be losing some of the data that can be displayed.
http://www.geocities.com/rad87gn/tech/smdatadef.html

Octane. Since you have the Trans+, the best option would be to pick 98 octane. With the timing adjustment on the T+ you can remove or add timing to get any of the other choices. From street chip to race chip at the turn of a switch...cool.

Be sure to get the anti-theft options....you can always turn them off.

John

Back