need help with new motor

sixgun86gn

six offender
hey guys.My new motor is running good at part throttle.But if I jump on it,it pulls out a lot of timing in first ,then takes off like a rocket.The car pulls real hard after it stutters real hard and shows Kr anywhere from 11 to 18 ,in other gears there is almost none if any.I have tried to rule out mechanical knock by revving it in park and it is fine.At first I thought it might be the t&d rockers but I dont think so now.I really need some advise before I blow up a new motor trying to tune it.The fuel pressure is at 44# idle.I just installed a 206/206 cam and ported heads and intake during the rebuild.The injectors are msd 50s,chip is a MM street chip for 93.everything else is the way it was before and it ran great at wot.I did notice that loosening the TV cable helped,should I try loosening more?It acts like its hitting a rev limiter,in first but shifts throuh the other gears fine.Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Definately sounds like tranny is hangin and TV cable needs to be adjusted. Had similiar problem as it felt like I was knockin the rev limiter from 2nd to 3rd. Scribe a mark in the cable to indicate your current cable detent position. Then if loosening the cable helps it to shift earlier then try one click at a time. Make another WOT blast and see if it improves. As far as knock goes, throw in 5 gallons of race fuel to see if its octane related. Easiest and cheapest way to determine false knock. Keep an eye on the boost as you do not need to run as much boost with ported heads... HTH

Mike Banas
87GN