You can type here any text you want

Need imput on getting h/c or just a cam

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Onalky87

Mods r in sig.... Totally stock unopened motor 90k should I get heads and a cam or maybe just a 212/212 or something. I'm running 22-23 lbs right now and would guess I'm running mid 11s.... looking for solid tens or atleast a 121trap speed.

P.s. I want the car to be reliable to. Sense it will b a street car too still

What are the numbers from your current timeslip? We need all the info.

Never ran it. Just going by what a dozen other TR guys have said and what a few who have seen n drivin in the car have said. Sorry I'm not much help. Previous owner said he ran down a 430whp ls1 camaro.

You might save $2000 by going to the track to do some tuning first. Looks like you got plenty for bottom 11's as it is and maybe a ten if you feel lucky with the boost knob. I guess it depends how much you want to spend.

I'm not real big on dyno #s. I only had it on a roller once. But yes there was not a wrench turned between the dyno pull and that pass. That's why I think you've got plenty to get there. Times and mph are more about tune and track time. Don't get me wrong. If I had the money for heads and cam I'd do it in a second

I mean the car definatly pulls. It only got 225s on it now but when I preloaded it toll just wen the tires broke loose it spun for almost a 8th mile and from a 50-55 roll it will spin

225 street tires? Thats pretty easy to do. I wouldn't go around the board saying you run mid 11s without a timeslip to prove it. The butt dyno is not accurate at all if the car is on a regular street tire and spins like crazy. Nor are the street kill stories. You need to get it to a dragstrip and see where you stand.

Ya I no......all I have to go on is what other TR owners who have been in the car think

Put some sticky tires on it and go to the track. If you think it pulls now. Get it spooled up on a nice sticky starting pad and see how it feels. Then try it off the t-brake if you get comfy with it. As long as you stay on top of the tune you should have no problem trapping close to 120. It sounds like the tune is solid but w/o some scanmaster#s or some kind of data there is no way to be sure.

Good luck

Sorry to bump my old thread guys. But the gn is goin to paint in a few weeks so I need to start looking for h/c combo recamendations Also, what else hod I do to it while I'm installing these 90k original miles and my mods r in my sig. Thanx guys

If you have the money than buy the champion iron heads. Strap on a 70 turbo and:wink: call it a day.

O im sorry, i just seen in your post that you allready have a 10 second turbo.:redface: Just get the heads

So u guys think I should keep the stock cam? And what else should I do to the motor to while I put heads on it so that it won't blow up. Also. Exactly what spec Heads

So u guys think I should keep the stock cam? And what else should I do to the motor to while I put heads on it so that it won't blow up. Also. Exactly what spec Heads

Any professionally ported head with a good valve job will do. Id do the cam later since it wont be worth anything without heads first. To prevent blowing it up dont be shy on octane

I would buy a cam also. Bison, sense I no u r very knowledgeable, can u sent me a link to the exact head and cam Combo I would want for the mods I already have.... I would like to run about the same boost I have right now(23#) unless I could run more with a good h/c combo

I would buy a cam also. Bison, sense I no u r very knowledgeable, can u sent me a link to the exact head and cam Combo I would want for the mods I already have.... I would like to run about the same boost I have right now(23#) unless I could run more with a good h/c combo

I dont have any links but the supporting vendors have all this stuff if you call them they can help. Id go with comp 941 springs or 26918 conical springs. Shoot for about .500 lift at the valve. You will have 10's @22-23 psi with a decent tune and traction.

Buick turbo performance told me to get comp 980 springs. R those good? And should I get a roller setup? I'd like mid 10s. I'll b running 275/60/15 m/ts

with my setup, do u think I could push it past 23#s safely. If I maybe run 100 octane or cam2(110)/93 mix with a better then stock o2 sensor

Back