Need input on performance mods

sshoureas

Guys - I'm new to the turbo Buick worls and learning about these cars. I have a 60k mile pretty orginal car with 42# injectors, TT chip, Walbro 255 fuel pump, hot wire kit, stock turbo and Tinman intake. I haven't run the car at the track but I'm told this should be a 13.60 ish combo. I'd like to make it a 12.50 to high 12s car which should also give me a fun street Buick. I'd appreciate input on where I should spend my money and where I shouldn't. I don't have cash to waste on useless parts or "buying and trying". Thanks for helpinga newbie out.

Alcohol, Drag radials, and a good tune.

he nailed it. get a tt chip burned for alcohol, buy an alky kit, put some drag radials on the car, and get a scanmaster or some sort of tool for tuning. the wastegate needs to be adjustable too so you can raise boost and 12's should be easy.

Definitely. Alchy is one of the best things to ever happen to these cars. It'll do wonders for even a mild combination turbo car.

Help us out, and post the year make and model in your signature, along with your location in the upper right. Post what you mainly do with the car, and your budget.

I agree, do an alky kit, good rubber, and scan/diagnostic tools. In the minimum, you have to be able to monitor 3 things. Boost, oil pressure, and knock. A scanmaster will allow you to see a good deal of things. For the rest, mount a boost and oil pressure gauge on your A pillar. A wide band O2 set up may not be a bad gig either, along with a power logger. Not completely necessary, but dam sure helpful.
An intake pipe with filter, nice exhaust, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, and a new rear sway bar may be in order as well.