You can type here any text you want

need more boost

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CJTTA

Gentlemen, I just bought #296 and added the alky kit, turbo tweak chip, and scanmaster. I can't seem to get the car to deliver more than 15 psi boost. I have cut the waste gate rod to get morre tension. When that didn't work, I cut the catalytic converter off and put in a space piece. Still no more than 15 psi. It is the original turbo for the car, and it sounds OK to me, but I am new to this. Any ideas or should I just go ahead and buy a new turbo?

CJTTA

What boost controller are you using? also check and make sure your "Y" fitting is oriented properly, or you won't be able to build boost correctly.

RJC controller and the "Y" is in the right position. I think the problem is a turbo with 92,000 miles

You dont use the Y fitting while using the RJC boost controller. Remove the y Fitting and make sure your wastegate hoses are tight and intercooler hoses are tight.

If the wastegate puck does not seat over the hole on the exhaust housing, then the boost will be slow to spool and not get too much boost.

If you cut the wastegate rod, make sure it takes some effort to pull the ilet over the puck swing arm. Ive seen people make a adjustable wastegate actuator and its actually longer then the original, not allowing for more boost to be made.
My stock 92,000 turbo makes 23psi with little effort. Make sure the fins arent all beat up.

BW

i had a turbo that wouldn't build more than 16# turns out the nut on the cold side was loose.i found that out after it fell off and destroyed the turbo.i'm glad it was a stock one.

Back