You can type here any text you want

Need new DR's but....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbocamino1

turboholic
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Nittos lasted well.....but only hooked at the track when hot...not so much on the street..played with pressures from 18 to 26. M/T's hooked great, always...very soft, like a slick...but are gone in one season. Maybe something in the middle that i dont know about? A real street drag radial ..not DOT tires for" competition only" Someone mentioned "proxy"....never heard of them. I run 275/60/15 ... any other suggestions welcomed. Thanks.

Get a second set of rear rims to put the mickeys on only when you want to go to the track. Any of the tires that hook better than the Nittos won't last long on the street. I think the Nittos are one of the better street tires but like you said, they won't do as well at the track compared to some of the softer tires. I don't know of a tire that's stickier than the Nitto but lasts near as long.

i used to get over 5000 miles with the bfg drag radial,and 60ft was 1.58 back in the day.

My friend got 10k miles out of a set of MT ET Streets on a stock GN but no burnouts on the street or track, just agressive driving. Mine lasted numerous seasons and street trips but the last season required lengthy burnouts and they this wore out quickly then. Fresh Mickeys don't need much of a burnout though.

Back