Need opinion on this diagnosis

Turbo6Smackdown

Ok. Was going to replace my coolant with water and RMI25. I thought there may be a bubble in the system so I did a pressure check. Caps solid and the rad/cooling system is solid. No leaks with the pressure checker. Started her up, let her get up to temp, turned the heat on, and opened the petcock. About 2 gallons came out. Mixed a half bottle of rmi25 to a half gallon of distilled and poured her in while running. Continued with the fill of water. I could only get in like a gallon. How. I got 2 gallons OUT of the thing... I'm ALREADY lost lol. I didn't even get to DIAGNOSE the thing yet and there's already shit wrong lol. Screw it. I'll just run with this. While watching it, in vain I might add, I start to see foam. I'm like oh shit.... You're kidding me with this. Look at the tail pipe. Yep. A good amount of condensation's making little bee lines out of the tail pipe. Questions:
1, How long does your car have to be idling at operating temps (170 for me) before it starts to burn up the inherent condensation in the exhaust pipes?
2. I hear that any residual coolant and chemicals in the block can cause this bubbling. Do you guys think these two symptoms could be independent of each other?
3. I did put in RMI25. Can that cause the white foam/micro bubbling? My car doesn't over heat. It stays pretty normal.
4. Can a super small head gasket leak cause KR?

Last edited:
Ok, took her out for a light spin. Ran fine. Coolant stayed cool. I tried giving her a little throttle here and there to raise up the coolant temps. Was unsuccessful. Came back, no condensation in the tail pipe. Let her idle for 10 minutes in the driveway, zero condensation. Independent situations?

Going to send out oil and coolant samples to be tested. We'll see what they come up with. I already have a company that tests my oils. Anyone here have a reliable company for coolant?

Water is a byproduct of combustion, some water exiting is normal. Now if there is large amounts of white smoke, might be a problem. The bubbling/foaming may be the additive, if I had to guess, it breaks the surface tension of the water which would make it more suseptible(sp) to foaming.

RMI25 has a dye visible in a black light. May be you could use a black light to check the liquid comming out the exhaust.