Need shifter

jerrad

Guys, Does anyone make a ratchet shifter that retains the nuetral switch, etc with out having to weld/rewire items?

Or if anyone has one they want to get rid of I'm willing to buy today.
Thanks

The switches are on the steering column. They are activated by a rod that hooks to the transmission shifter lever. More or a less like a column shifter. If you weld or bolt the aftermarket lever to the factory lever, you can retain all of the column switches. That's what I did for both of the aftermarket shifters I had in mine.

Is there any tricks to getting it in the right location? I don't have access to a welder so I'd have to mark it and take it somewhere. I just don't want to make a major mistake and have to buy more brackets.
Thanks for the info.

Not really, just make sure that the slot in both of the shifter brackets are aligned up and bolt them down. I spot welded my first one, and bolted the other one. just don't loosen the rod going up to the steering column. It is a PITA to aligned back up.

I took the 2 pieces to a welder...as stated just make sure the rectangular holes are line dup before welding...put a reference mark on each piece with
a sharpie so it doesn't get welded upside down...don't need as much weld as mine has...I'm sure a tack on the 3 sides would be enough...

Attachments

• transpiece.jpg
    transpiece.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 110
  • weldedpiece.jpg
    weldedpiece.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 134
I didn't even notice the rectangle ports. Deff will make it a easier chore I bet. Does the pointed end go towards the tail shaft or does the squared end?
Thanks for the pics.

Another cheap and dirty trick is to use a bolt to hole them together after shaving it down to fit the rectangular hole.

Thanks charlie, that might be the thing to do until I find a place to get it tacked.

I think I'm going to get the quarter stick from hurst.
Can someone walk me through the shifting process. Pull into 1, pull lever and push up for 2, then how to you get to D? Do I have to let go of the lever before it'll go into D?

I'm installing a stageright and want to get my bases covered.
Thanks