Need some help from Kazaa users out there...

QuickWE4

Fuggedaboudit.
So, I'm thinking of getting hooked up on Kazaa to download some stuff, and I was wondering if those of you that use kazaa could answer some questions for me...

1. Is it a pay service or is it still free?
2. Anything to watch out for when downloading their interface? I heard that it's loaded with spyware.
3. I'm on a cable modem but firewalled....should I still have any concerns about somebody hacking into my computer?

Rich

yeah, kazaa is pretty hot right now and full of spyware
kazaa lite doesnt have all the spyware stuff in it like kazaa does though

either way just make sure you dont share your files, thats how people are getting busted

I would definitely go with Kazaalite. I don't remember the site but just do a search and you'll find it.

It doesn't have all the spyware and crap and I think it works much better too.

Definitely do not share your files. The probability of getting busted is low, but its so easy to set kazaa not to share or to move you songs into a different file. It's not worth the risk.

i am having problems with my kazaa... people seem to be stop sharing GOOD music

well i downloaded the new obie trice CD... very good
well almost all of the songs play for about 30 seconds and then just this hissing and buzzin for the rest of the song!
i was like WTf
took me forever to find songs that actually woerk
anyone have this problem?

I heard that the goofed files are planted by the RIAA.

I would look into some of the other file sharing programs, WinMX works fine for me and there is absolutely no spyware. They aren't mentioned in any of the publicity as being targets either. Give them a try.

winmx.com?

just a thought
same concept to share audio and video files and all that good stuff?

Actually, I'm just looking to download some sound bites from the Opie and Anthony radio show that was on the air around here a while back (before they got fired). I have no interested in downloading music - I'm still old fashioned in that I actually buy cd's......

Rich

There are a lot of planted files on WinMX also. We tried to DL a lot of movies and kept getting Fight Club. Seems like people are renaming Fight Club. Do not get me wrong, it is a good movie, but I want the other ones too.:)

Kazaa planted files.

My brother had a funny encounter with planted files.

A "file sharer" had the entire new Guster CD up on Kazaa just after it was released in stores. My brother downloaded all of the tracks only to find that the songs were not sang by the band but rather "meowed" in its entirety. Every note, every beat was identical to the original, but it sounded like Cat Karaoke! He thought it was hilarious and kept them anyway.