You can type here any text you want

need some help guys - noobie

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Seth Gingerich

hows it going i recently got myself a gn an wouldnt mind making it run a little better.

it currently has-
t-66 turbonetics ball bearing turbo and 44mm wastegate
3 inch downpipe/exhaust
72lb injectors
walbro 255
it looks like someone aso screwed with the wiring.

so far i plan on buying a 3000 stall relocate the intercooler to the grille and meth/water injection

how do you tune these things ive screwed around on ls1edit with my camaro but i figure this thing is gonna take alot differnt of stuff. also whats a safe psi?

thanks!

Alky Injection. No need for water/alcohol injection. Tuning? Read Read and Read so more. You need at least a scanmaster. Powerlogger is even better. Tuning these cars is no easy task. You can get a clean tune easily but to really tune them takes quite a bit of time and understanding.

i figure some some good software and a wideband gauge would do wonders on these cars do you get quite a bit more timing out of alky injection? what is the air/fuel ratio suppose to be on these cars?

Exactly like all other gasoline run vehicles. Stoiciometric. I see a lagre mushroom cloud in your neighborhood soon.:D

Do you have a Scanmaster? Boost Gauge? What chip is in the car right now? We need info my friend.

Exactly like all other gasoline run vehicles. Stoiciometric. I see a lagre mushroom cloud in your neighborhood soon.:D
well, based on that information, most definitely he'd be WAY lean at 14.7 and fry something. 10.9-11.2 is safe at higher boost levels. need to monitor knock while pulling a little of this and adding a little of that.......:)

well, based on that information, most definitely he'd be WAY lean at 14.7 and fry something. 10.9-11.2 is safe at higher boost levels. need to monitor knock while pulling a little of this and adding a little of that.......:)
:D You guys just aren't any fun some times.:p

like i said i have no idea bout these cars i bought one cause i was always into the unique v6 turbo thing. from what ive read so far is taht these things dont flow oil worth a bad and hit knock way to easily. if someone could point me in a direction to start such as attachments for a scanmaster. and how abouts finding out if it is chipped or not would be great.

Well you said gasoline..........we all know these things burn MONEYYYYYYYYYYY.........
Not to mention relationships.:rolleyes: I think 5 guys on the board got divorced in the last year and kept their cars at least.;)

Not to mention relationships.:rolleyes: I think 5 guys on the board got divorced in the last year and kept their cars at least.;)
THANK GOD they got their cars.....you can always live in your car, but you can't race your house.......

THANK GOD they got their cars.....you can always live in your car, but you can't race your house.......
Mother nature tried that today in Dallas if you haven't watched the news.:eek: Didn't work out that well.:(

well, unless you're from West Virginia, Kentucky, Georgia, ..............

they had them ther traktor trayler racin out dere.....
Get it right, it was the 2 step!:D Mother nature tried racing a few second stories of a few houses though.:eek: Don't think they've found them yet either.:rolleyes:

hows it going i recently got myself a gn an wouldnt mind making it run a little better.

it currently has-
t-66 turbonetics ball bearing turbo and 44mm wastegate
3 inch downpipe/exhaust
72lb injectors
walbro 255
it looks like someone aso screwed with the wiring.

so far i plan on buying a 3000 stall relocate the intercooler to the grille and meth/water injection

how do you tune these things ive screwed around on ls1edit with my camaro but i figure this thing is gonna take alot differnt of stuff. also whats a safe psi?

thanks!
sorry dude, having a little fun here:D these are a whole different animal than ls's......you're just gonna have to do ALOT of reading, adjusting, and readjusting!!!!! then some more reading, and repeat above.............

sorry dude, having a little fun here:D these are a whole different animal than ls's......you're just gonna have to do ALOT of reading, adjusting, and readjusting!!!!! then some more reading, and repeat above.............
add a little dash of pulling your hair out and "i'm selling this fuckin piece of shit!!" and you'll be just fine.....

Check the ecu and find out what chip is in there. It it's the stock chip "there you go":D ECU is in the passenger side kick panel.

no harm done! i figured i was getting in over my head on this one but got it for too good of price to pass up. wanna give me a favor and point me to a good thread to start at or a good forum?

Back