need some tunning help

96SCTA

Ok guys I have been trying to work with my fast system for 3 months now. But i just dont have what it takes. I am missing somthing. I can not get my car to run good. Every time i make a change in one area it will mess up another. I am running a supercharger and im lost ???? I dont understand how (ve table) you can be in one cell and be rich then 1 second latter be lean in the same cell with no change to anything. If anyone has a few extra seconds and wants to take a look ill make you a new log file to check out. To point me in the right direction. A few guys from here have already gave me help in the past. ( thanks guys) To get me where i am now.
All my buddies are telling me to take it to a shop to get it tunned. But i did not spend 2grand for this system to take it to a shop. Thanks

Micah

p.s. tell me what you want me to log in the log file. And weather you want the o2 corrections on or off..Maybe im missing something stupid. ......

tuning help

send me a file and i will try to help. send one with the O2 correcting

You can send me your log file too. Things I would log are: RPM, TPS %, MAP, VE, Target A/F, Actual A/F, (or O2 Correction%), and Timing. If you are having drivability issues, then you may want to log some other parameters.

log file

can you send me a .log file with o2 corrections? also list your setup. c.i., boosted that sort of thing

Ill make a log for you tonight.
My set up is
350lt1--stock bottom
gtp stage 2 heads
com cam 224/232/ 580/580
58mm tb
hoker longtubes- no cats - 4 inch muffelx y pipe-
vortech blower sq . should be making around 10 lbs of boost. Only making 7 at 6500 rpms. Air to water aftercooler.

Yes ... I finally got a chance to look at them today. Sorry, work has had me out of the office for the past few days :mad:

A few quick things .....

Your O2 numbers are off some at the lower engine / load points so you might want to start tuning your VE table.

Don't know if you noticed, the Closed loop is turned off and that is why there isn't any O2 correction going on.

At the higher load (boost) data points you are pretty rich. Again, a little VE tuning is needed.

Not sure if the A/F ratio jumping around you are referring to includes the area where you are decellling .... During this event, the O2 shows very lean ... this is expected since you have just closed the throttle blades and shut off the air flow / fuel to the engine.

You can help reduce the jumping around by making sure that the cells adjacent to where you are running are not that much of a change in VE (i.e. ... less than 5%) There are some areas where this is impractical, but for the most part this will help to reduce the jumping A/F ratios. The same goes for the A/F tables. Try to keep the large swings to a minimum.

So You guys did not really see anything that was way off. Maybe just getting the o2 corrections to happen faster will help. Ill keep craking away. Thanks guys.

Originally posted by 96SCTA
So You guys did not really see anything that was way off. Maybe just getting the o2 corrections to happen faster will help. Ill keep craking away. Thanks guys.

Hey micah, HE said that 02 correctio was turned off. Check that in your settings.

yes i turned it off on purpose . This way i did not have the computer adding fuel in. I could see more clearly where my problems are. However. Since my tunning looks ok. ( Still has a few rough areas) but the car runs like crap. Mayve I have a mechanical problem now. I will keep playing with it to see if i cant get it anybetter. Only 2 more months then im tearing the motor down anyways.

ps. ricky thanks for all your help i could not have gotten this far with out you !!!!!!

No, I didn't say the tune looked OK, just that you need to keep adjusting the VE table until you get the Actual A/F #'s to more closely match the Target A/F #'s.

Right now you are going pig rich when you step on it. Also, the A/F table seems a little course for your driving area. If this is a strip car then it probably isn't an issue, but your drivablity maybe a problem.

You can leave the O2 off if you want, but it can also help to smooth things out.

I only leave it off while tunning. I turn it back on when driving around. Ill keep working on the tuning.