You can type here any text you want

Need some X Stuff!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gculver

Hell Raiser
Hi all, I'm currently restoring X#295 and in need of a OE GNX exhaust in nice shape(Y-pipe, mufflers and tails) can use all or part...if your willing to part with it..LMK what you have. I also need a left rear urethane wheel flare, will take the one or a complete set...Again,if your willing to part with it.. I know this is a tall order and a long shot..but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, GC

Ok, I will lower my long shot wants a bit. Anyone have a nice aftermarket exhaust that will absouletly fit a GNX...I have checked all sources and none are currently available now:mad:. Any help appreciated!

GC

Exhaust

Ok, I will lower my long shot wants a bit. Anyone have a nice aftermarket exhaust that will absouletly fit a GNX...I have checked all sources and none are currently available now:mad:. Any help appreciated!

GC
GC,
Join the club looking for an exhaust.
Dennis Kirban mentioned a few weeks back (in his news letter) that Rich Clark and he have been working on a SS one with the correct exhaust tips. Why not email him or better yet perhaps he will respond here for those of us whose system is on its last leg.

GC,
Dennis Kirban mentioned a few weeks back (in his news letter) that Rich Clark and he have been working on a SS one with the correct exhaust tips. Why not email him or better yet perhaps he will respond here for those of us whose system is on its last leg.

Spoke with a rep yesterday...No current plans to build one anytime soon,is what they told me!

GC

I have my factory Y off the cat which should be the same as teh X I believe the difference on teh x is form the y back.

Its not rusted and in great shape. I can take some pics of it this weekend if you are interested

GC,

guys------i have been working on a really nice stainless system for several months------i promise it will be super nice and it will be available inside of 2 or three weeks-----i will post some pics tomorrow of the first couple installs-----i have a lot of experience doing these since i did nearly 50 sets that went on cars that got my repro GNX suspension-----that was a good fitting and looking system (not stainless) but i have gone the extra mile to make this as perfect as a system can be------good quality stainless------mandrel bent-----very large collector at input of Y pipe------entire system 2.5 inch------stainless guillotine style clamps------mufflers are smooth polished (zero visible welds)-----mufflers flow as good as original (ie pre 2001) pit bull muffs and have built in weep hole--------only three pieces - y and two tail pipes/ i.e. no joints in the tail pipes------symmetrical appearance from behind car (unlike ATR system) ------no holes drilled in frame (unlike ATR system)-----uses original GN hangers for tail pipes------exits in exact OEM location-------and less cost than i paid for my stainless ATR GNX system in the early 90's.........RC

guys-here are a few preliminary pics of one of the first installs-----a few small changes are being made

Attachments

• DSC01022.JPG
    DSC01022.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 279
  • DSC01026.JPG
    DSC01026.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 275
  • DSC01027.JPG
    DSC01027.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 276
  • DSC01028.JPG
    DSC01028.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 273
  • DSC01029.JPG
    DSC01029.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 279
guys-here are a few preliminary pics of one of the first installs-----a few small changes are being made

Rich, looks good.
I know you are a "Sound-Guy " so how do these sound and is there any drone?

Thanks
Bryan

Rich, looks good.
I know you are a "Sound-Guy " so how do these sound and is there any drone?

Thanks
Bryan

i think its a really great "sounding system"------i have a couple out there now----i'll get in touch with a couple of them and have them post their opinions

Looks good!

I especially like the fact that there aren't any visible hangers like there are on some of the older aftermarket systems.

For a long time there hasn't been any aftermarket GNX specific exhausts available (that I know of anyway). Thanks to those who made this to fill the need.

great looking exhaust! any pricing info available? i'm sure it sounds good too....just an idea, but it might be helpful to put a video/sound clip of one of the completed installs on you tube and posting the link so those interested can get a better idea of what it might really sound like.

i think its a really great "sounding system"------i have a couple out there now----i'll get in touch with a couple of them and have them post their opinions

I can vouch that it's a great sounding system with no drone. I would describe it as a mellow rumble. This system is a work of art!

Here are the results of some muffler flow testing we did while I was at Richards:
Pit Bull- 435 CFM
Magnaflow 6" round- 465 CFM
Polished SS used
on the GNX system- 430 CFM

While the Magnaflow flowed slightly better than the polished SS muffler used on this system, I preferred the appearance of the oval SS muffler over the round Magnaflow. The Pit Bull is nice, but good luck finding a set. The SS mufflers Richard is offering flows as good as the Pit Bull and looks better.

We also flow tested the following:
test pipe- 535 CFM
new original, unused cat- 290 CFM
(this thing still had the original GM sticker!!)
Gutted cat- 485 CFM

If you have never been to Richards, you need to make time to get there for the Buick event in March. This man is a real asset to the Turbo Buick Commnuity. I love my new SS exhaust system and highly recommend that you get one. You will need it sooner or later and you wouldn't want to miss out on the opportunity to get one while they are available.
Thanks Richard!

Back