You can type here any text you want

Need to send out a Fel-Pro to be fixed quickly!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboDiverArt

The Guru Thorn
Hi All,

A friend of mine was wiring a Fel Pro into a naturally aspirated Regal car with a Turbo transplant. Using a GN engine harness. We have been having problems with it and giving strange readings. We have been able to figure out what the problem is. Apparently on a NA car the harness has a 12V signal that when connected to the GN harness is pinned to what the GN gets its 5V reference signal for the 5V sensors (TPS, MAF, MAP, etc.) That being said, the 12V reference that was sent to the sensors was then sent to the computer and messed up the internals for the 5V sensors. The 12V sensors are reading fine but all the 5V sensors are reading totally out of whack! This computer only weeks ago was working just fine in another car (a T-Type). We also put the “bad” ECU into my stage car and it reads my 5 V sensors all messed up although I know my sensors are fine. Plugging back in my FAST to my car and all is fine, problem definitely with the ECU. No, we didn’t plug my ECU into the other car otherwise we’d be sending back 2 ECU’s to me fixed!

Is there someplace that we can overnight it to and get it fixed really fast? We still have more wiring to do and would like to get this car running within the next week or so. It’s a SFI wide-band Fel-Pro.

Thanks for any help!

send it to Lance

I sent mine to FAST and it was repaired pretty quick. This last time I had another problem with the PTE harness, I sent it to PTE. That was 4th of July. They say it isn't there and I can't get them to e-mail me back to see if it ever showed up.Good thing I kept my stock stuff.

Call (662) 224-3495 and tell them what's up. They will give you an RMA number and shipping instructions.

Lance and I are becoming less involved in handling returns, actually. The address you will be given is to our Memphis office.

Originally posted by Craig Smith
Call (662) 224-3495 and tell them what's up. They will give you an RMA number and shipping instructions.

Lance and I are becoming less involved in handling returns, actually. The address you will be given is to our Memphis office.
Thanks Craig, we'll give you guys a call today.

Re: send it to Lance

Originally posted by SIXBANGR
I sent mine to FAST and it was repaired pretty quick. This last time I had another problem with the PTE harness, I sent it to PTE. That was 4th of July. They say it isn't there and I can't get them to e-mail me back to see if it ever showed up.Good thing I kept my stock stuff.
How long did it take to have FAST repair your ECU? Just curious, thanks!

a week?

I was in no huge hurry, but seems to me it was maybe 2 weeks with shipping etc. Maybe less.

Back