You can type here any text you want

Need your help in verifying my GNX's ride height

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tommy

Can another GNX owner help me verify the rear ride height of my GNX? My car has new BFG tires (sizing being the same as an GNX) but the right rear is 1" lower than the left rear?

Measuring from the ground to the wheel louver and using the center cap as my reference point; the right rear is at 26.5" and the left rear at 27.5".

Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

Sounds like a spring colapsed. Take a close look at the coils, you'll probably see the faulty one.

Happened to my GN, even before I took delivery of it.

ride height

Thanks for the reply...any idea if a GN has the same rear springs as the GNX? my guess is that there the same.

Tommy

Thanks for the reply...any idea if a GN has the same rear springs as the GNX? my guess is that there the same.

Tommy

Good guess...the same....:)

thanks for the peace of mind...I'II order some Delco springs from Highway Stars

I've received my new Delco rear springs from Highway Stars and installed them. The right side which was the lower height is now fixed and matches up to the left side within less than 0.25" in ride height. See the attached picture, the faulty spring is on the right.

Tommy

Attachments

• IMG_2176.jpg
    IMG_2176.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 248
Can another GNX owner help me verify the rear ride height of my GNX? My car has new BFG tires (sizing being the same as an GNX) but the right rear is 1" lower than the left rear?

Measuring from the ground to the wheel louver and using the center cap as my reference point; the right rear is at 26.5" and the left rear at 27.5".

Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

best way to judge ride height is from chassis jacking points to level ground--------its close to 8.25 inches

Tommy

there were several springs used in the regals depending on options (weight)-------listed in order from stiffest to weakest for the rear is NCM-TJ-SJ-PZ and NHP-------new springs (and good used ones) have a small paper tag that id's them--------all the gnx's i have checked have had SJ in the right rear and PZ in the left rear------most gn's (but not all) had PZ both sides--------Ttypes has lots of combinations-----------rate of the PZ is about 130 lb and free length is 14.25"-------preload is about 550 lbs and installed height is about 10.25"-------its really hard to find a correct spring for these cars that works and looks correct...........RC

Richard,

you are correct about the rear coil springs in my GNX, the right side had a tag of SJ and the left with PZ. I bought two new ones from Highway Stars (they had no tags on them) and the coils spacing are identical to the SJ, my ride height is much better now with a variance of less that 1/4".

Tommy

Richard,

you are correct about the rear coil springs in my GNX, the right side had a tag of SJ and the left with PZ. I bought two new ones from Highway Stars (they had no tags on them) and the coils spacing are identical to the SJ, my ride height is much better now with a variance of less that 1/4".

Tommy

none of this matters much for most gnx's since few really get driven but on the ones that really get driven the springs were staggered for a reason-------the left front and right rear are stronger to provide better traction------this offset helps to deal with torque twisting of the frame and body-------virtually none of the aftermarket spring sets address this issue since they use the same rate for the left and right

-----the left front and right rear are stronger to provide better traction------this offset helps to deal with torque twisting of the frame and body-------virtually none of the aftermarket spring sets address this issue since they use the same rate for the left and right

Ahhh, so not only are the rear springs different from side to side, but the fronts are different from side to side as well. I was not aware of that fact. Thanks for the info.

Back