Needing Ignition (kit) module and coil part #s for 83/84

Rovinfool

I am needing some part numbers for the Ignition kit (have heard some refer to it as this as I was told to change both of them out when I change it) or the two different part numbers. I was also wondering if anyone could give me some links to websites to buy parts for my t-type. Oh, and links need to have a number to call to talk to good techs as this is going to be my first Buick and turbo vehicle I have ever owned. :cool:

Thanks,
Justin

Go on ...

the Before Black forum, they can better help you w/ those #s.:cool: I beleive I still have 2 of those distributors sitting in the garage someplace. one is brand new and the other is used. They probably have the part#s on them. It would take me a while to find them.:redface:

ummm it is distributorless ignition. I called MSD and they said their change over (cd ignition) pn# 8878 but it said for 86/87 only. Plus, they no longer make anything for these cars. Calling Jacobs Electric when I get back to work from lunch. They are showing something in our computers but it doesn't say specifically T-type or Grand National so want to be sure before I order it. Will find something eventually. I called GM and the first tech agent said "It has a turbo? Was that one that you added? I am not seeing a 3.8 Turbo for a 1984 Buick Regal." ROFL

Oh,....

I mis-understood your post. When you showed 83/84, I was thinking you were talking about the 83 1/2, which was rated a little more HP and Tq over the beginning of the year model. They were both distributor models. the 84 was the first ditributor-less model.:eek:

go on the hotair forum, those guys can help you w/ the proper part numbers. there are upgrades you can make using the 86/87 ecm, etc, you won't be disappointed w/all their knowledge and they can save you a lot of time and money.:cool: