You can type here any text you want

Never Satisfied - Future Project Awaits Me

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

flipmo

"Come Correct - Boosted"
Hello guys. To me this club is the epitome of the Turbo Buicks. One day I will become a member of this illustrious Turbo Regal club (Stage II). I have a question guys - what do you guys think, dollar wise, it will take using today's dollars, to build a strong Stage II motor, using the best of parts. This is my 5th GN and each time I have up'd the anty in performance and promised myself the next time I will not even settle for a Stage I. I'm definitely happy with my current performance, but like most of us, are never satisfied until (think you know the rest).

Further, does anyone have a Stage II motor/car their considering selling or motor that needs some work to get running in pristine condition? I figure I could start now if I'm fortunate and take my time in getting one redone or built from the ground up with great parts and look for a rolling chassis later.

Let me know regarding both scenarios guys. Thanks and as you can see I'm already growing impatient and want to get a project underway soon; however, I would like to have a ball-park figure in mind to plan against. I figure I could start throwing money at the project now and have it built possibly slow and right as I do have a GN that's pretty reputable where I live; however, I want a Stage II - :mad:

Thanks Guys

OK , I"d guest around 28 to 32 thou, just for the engine. :eek: Thats using the best parts .

SPEEDSTAR isn't too far off. If I had it to do over, I'd buy a well built existing
Stage 2 car. The expenses just keep adding up for the other "little" things ....
and there are a lot of little other things. :D :eek: :rolleyes: :biggrin:

On the other side of the coin .... you can't take your money with you .... I think I want to be buried in my GN when the time comes :biggrin:

George

complete stage 2

If you have some time keep you eyes open a complete will come along. I bought one "best of everything" turn key longblock for less than half of what was quoted.

chevyII said:
If you have some time keep you eyes open a complete will come along. I bought one "best of everything" turn key longblock for less than half of what was quoted.

I will build a full race stage 2 car for under $40k all said and done. Look at the stuff in my sig, not weak parts or components at all. It can be done, but you will have to shop around. If you started with nothing and wanted someonme to build you a motor with the "best" parts it is going to be very expensive. I would say $22k-$35k easy. :)

Thanks guys for the info. So, no one has a reputable Stage II for sale or motor that needs a complete rebuild. I was really hoping someone had a block that required some work to make pristine; however, now after realizing, I see no one is going to throw anywhere from 22K-35K at a car like this and then just have it sit up as a result of major problems. At least I wouldn't.

Well guys, I'll keep checking the cars for sale section, but if you all hear tell, know of, or come across a Stage II block or car that's for sale and needs work or is ready to go as is, please drop me a line. Until then, I'll keep mowing them down with what I have.

Thanks Guys

flipmo said:
Thanks guys for the info. So, no one has a reputable Stage II for sale or motor that needs a complete rebuild. I was really hoping someone had a block that required some work to make pristine; however, now after realizing, I see no one is going to throw anywhere from 22K-35K at a car like this and then just have it sit up as a result of major problems. At least I wouldn't.

Well guys, I'll keep checking the cars for sale section, but if you all hear tell, know of, or come across a Stage II block or car that's for sale and needs work or is ready to go as is, please drop me a line. Until then, I'll keep mowing them down with what I have.

Thanks Guys

Check Conley's Performance website ...... cars for sale

George

I have a complete Stage II race car, I will sell you if interested. Motor is fresh, just needs some incidentals and to be put back in the car. Car was originally built by Conley's performance. I'd like to have $30,000 out of the car if you are interested. Car has a full 10 point cage, factory GN rear end, with stange spool, mosier 31 spine axles, C-clip eliminators, Southside control arms, ATR HUGE sway bar, Notched frame, Fuel cell, 3 external bosch fuel pumps, rear mounted battery, Fiberglass, bumpers and hood, Turbo 400 with Neil chance 4500 stall and transbrake, Conley's air shifter, Weld star skinny's in the front and 10 inch in the rear. Motor is a fresh 0153 block, Buick motorsports 3.625 stroke crank, brand new venolia pistons, Set of carrilo rods, Tool steel pins, New speed pro hell fire rings, Fresh M&A aluminum heads, Conley's Sheet metal intake with 85 mm. throttle body. MSD 95lb. injectors, DFI 6 running the show. Plus I was in the process of installing a complete weaver brothers dry sump oiling system. Car has a set of Hooker headers and crossover and simply a 5 in. downpipe. Conley's 88mm. turbo and custom 4 core front mount. If you are interested let me know. Just know up front that I don't care if I sell the car or not and you can't build this car for this kind of money. My email is theturboman2002@yahoo.com Thanks, Drew

$30,000.00 is a steal

Problem is coming up with it (all at once).
AFTER 7 years I have absorbed very close to this figure and by finish time will most likely be over this amount. And don't forget the add on's, Trans, Rearend, fuel system etc., etc..

When you jump off this bridge... it's a long way to the
water! :eek:

65vette396 said:
I have a complete Stage II race car, I will sell you if interested. Motor is fresh, just needs some incidentals and to be put back in the car. Car was originally built by Conley's performance. I'd like to have $30,000 out of the car if you are interested. Car has a full 10 point cage, factory GN rear end, with stange spool, mosier 31 spine axles, C-clip eliminators, Southside control arms, ATR HUGE sway bar, Notched frame, Fuel cell, 3 external bosch fuel pumps, rear mounted battery, Fiberglass, bumpers and hood, Turbo 400 with Neil chance 4500 stall and transbrake, Conley's air shifter, Weld star skinny's in the front and 10 inch in the rear. Motor is a fresh 0153 block, Buick motorsports 3.625 stroke crank, brand new venolia pistons, Set of carrilo rods, Tool steel pins, New speed pro hell fire rings, Fresh M&A aluminum heads, Conley's Sheet metal intake with 85 mm. throttle body. MSD 95lb. injectors, DFI 6 running the show. Plus I was in the process of installing a complete weaver brothers dry sump oiling system. Car has a set of Hooker headers and crossover and simply a 5 in. downpipe. Conley's 88mm. turbo and custom 4 core front mount. If you are interested let me know. Just know up front that I don't care if I sell the car or not and you can't build this car for this kind of money. My email is theturboman2002@yahoo.com Thanks, Drew
Drew, I just emailed you. Am very interested in this "Beast."

Flipmo

Hey Flipmo, where in MD are you? I'm in Laurel. Anyway, Billy Anderson in Edgemere usually has a Stage II car or two for sale. I've heard he even wants to sell his personal rocket (7.25 at 184 or 185), minus engine and trans.

ijames said:
Hey Flipmo, where in MD are you? I'm in Laurel. Anyway, Billy Anderson in Edgemere usually has a Stage II car or two for sale. I've heard he even wants to sell his personal rocket (7.25 at 184 or 185), minus engine and trans.

It's on racingjunk.com. $26,500 for the roller. As good a chassis as they come. :cool:

65vette396 said:
Hey Drew. Any 1/4 mile times or RWHP numbers for your Stage 2. Plus, how big is the bore?

Thanks Again

flipmo

Back