New addition to the South Western section... New car!

Congrats again James! Let me know if I can lend a hand. I've got some spare parts too if you need them.

Neal

Thanks Neal, definitely will be in contact soon, if the wife ever lets me loose from dang house projects! You going to Qualcomm?

Wow!
That'd be a sweet daily driver. ;)

I hear you. She will get driven, that is for sure. I don't own a trailer, so wherever its headed it'll be under its own power. I mean, come on, whats wrong with a 25.5, TH400, Twin turbo, Stage headed, winged, dry sumped, radio delete, wiper delete driver? ;)

Anyone try the video, not sure if it worked or not for everyone else.

The link works.
Better get that spool up time squared away, if you're going to line up next to me. ;)
See you soon.

That car looks good James, but if you just keep a car cover on it, your wife will not notice it so much, it works for me ;) but my wife just called me a Turbo Buick horder on the last one I brought home this week:confused: so maybe it's not working

You can be the star of your own reality TV show. "Turbo Buick Hoarding Burried Alive". :D

Neal

Thanks Mike. Let me see if this one works:

Run 3 9 1 11 - YouTube

I think this was the 9.14 @ 148. You can tell the ignition wasn't keeping up, it sputtered at the top of gear. The stock coilpack was a limiting factor so he had to shift early.
Looks like it takes a long time to spool, Does it have a transbrake. How big are the turbo's.

Yes, has a Griner brake and TE-63's. Not sure why the spool issue, but I know he was working through some issues and tuning during these few recorded runs. He had some other runs where it didn't take near as long to build boost. I'll have to wait and see how they work once I get it running.

Yes, has a Griner brake and TE-63's. Not sure why the spool issue, but I know he was working through some issues and tuning during these few recorded runs. He had some other runs where it didn't take near as long to build boost. I'll have to wait and see how they work once I get it running.

You should bring it out to the Dyno session on the 28th and have Cal tune it while he is here, I am sure he could figure out your spooling issue. :)

Nice car, curious how it will pass inspection as a daily driver? I heard that So Cal is tough on the visual.

Reminds me of the old days when we were fighting them issues. those are probably a couple of journal bearing turbos. About a four grand investment into a couple of PTE BB units should help. Also another grand & some R&D into the right converter, five hundred bucks in a dyno tune & you will be in business. By then the engine will be wore out & time for a rebuild.Another three grand if its not hurt too bad. Ah, sweet memories but I would do it all over again if I wasn't so damn old ! You were smart to buy a complete car & save yourself a lot of grief.

You should bring it out to the Dyno session on the 28th and have Cal tune it while he is here, I am sure he could figure out your spooling issue. :)

I wish, but it will be a while before the car is running. Got to put a motor together for it, as I bought it hurt.

Nice car, curious how it will pass inspection as a daily driver? I heard that So Cal is tough on the visual.

Kansas plates, like my other cars. ;) No smog, no visual, etc.

Reminds me of the old days when we were fighting them issues. those are probably a couple of journal bearing turbos. About a four grand investment into a couple of PTE BB units should help. Also another grand & some R&D into the right converter, five hundred bucks in a dyno tune & you will be in business. By then the engine will be wore out & time for a rebuild.Another three grand if its not hurt too bad. Ah, sweet memories but I would do it all over again if I wasn't so damn old ! You were smart to buy a complete car & save yourself a lot of grief.

You are correct on the journal bearings. They will stay where they are for now, not planning on putting a ton of money into it to go faster just yet. Looking to get it running using the same turbos, cam, heads, converter, engine management, etc. As money allows, I will upgrade converter, engine management, a tune or two, etc. Small steps. I will be happy tickling an 8.99 as it sits. "The plan" is not to push it to its death and/or require a refresh every year. I want to keep it away from pushing it anywhere near 100%, so it lasts. If she breaks, she will be a garage ornament for a while...

Kansas plates, like my other cars. ;) No smog, no visual, etc.

Yup! Two of my cars are registered out of state too.... One is registered here in CA, but that will be changing very soon.

That is unless your sponsoring the car. ;) I'll put your name on the back window! Ha ha! :)
If I were closer you would have to get a restraining order to keep me away from it. I have the whole combination in my head on what to do with that car.

James, i dont think your going to have a problem with that launching lol.. hope to see it soon at the track :)

Nice Ride Congrat's car looks like it can go in the low 8's or maybe the high 7's Have FUN

Steve BGNRA