You can type here any text you want

new aussie to the site

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

craigo

hey guys im new to the site, here are a few pics of my commodore it runs a 4.2 stroker L32 V6 with a t70 turbo, 60mm external wastegate, fmic, 1000cc injectors custom twin throttle inlet , custom exhaist manifolds, and a fully manualised 4l60 with a 3000rpm dominator converter

Attachments

• vr1.jpg
    vr1.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 216
  • vr2.jpg
    vr2.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 221
  • vr3.jpg
    vr3.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 210
  • vr4.jpg
    vr4.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 220
yea it is a buick v6 i think it came out as a front whel drive over there, it would be nice if we had the aftermarket support for the v6 as you guys do , over here its looked at as a taxi engine and nothing more

Welcome. Very cool ride. That should get the job done! I've always wondered though,Why is most everything 4- door over there? Is it governmental? or is insurance driven? Thanks,Chirs

it does seem everything over here is 4 door, its not a goverment thing its more of a design Vs sales thing, most people want to be able to take the family out or friends , that and insurance over here for a coupe is higher than a sedan , , pretty much besides the imports (skyline , supra etc..)the only local coupe we have had since 1977 is the holden monaro, you guys got it as the '04 pontiac gto, so most of our performance based cars are 4 door or a 2 door ute

Well that really sux. So how available is a Supra over there and what do they go for?

Aussies get all the cool cars these days. They make them less cool and bring them over to the states. Then canadians get left overs (we never got the GTO). :(

I would love to have a Holden.

we get all the cool cars??? dont think so ,if you want a local performance car its either a holden commodore or a ford falcon, so it kinda limited, not to mention that the goverment here is against any car thats not standard so its hard to have a moddified car without being hassled by the cops

IMG_0143.jpg

Holden SSV? Yes pls!

monaro3-h.jpg

Holden Manaro? Yes pls!

You also have the focus RS correct? FPV BF Falcon Cobra?

Must I go on? :rolleyes:

Oh, welcome to the forum by the way. :)

corvette,camaro,mustang, trans am,challenger need i go on lol i would swap my commodore for one of those anyday,

yea the ssv , monaro and fpv's are nice but they are out of reach for most people the monaro can be picked up from $20,000 aus dollar but the ssv and the fpv go from $40,000 up

Yah but you guys have probably the coolest muscle cars ever, the 73-79 falcons!!! I also love those 4 door GTHO 4 doors like on the movie Running On Empty. Find me a XB 2door, and Ill send you my T-type and my Skylark:biggrin:

Yah but you guys have probably the coolest muscle cars ever, the 73-79 falcons!!! I also love those 4 door GTHO 4 doors like on the movie Running On Empty. Find me a XB 2door, and Ill send you my T-type and my Skylark:biggrin:

XB coupe your kidding right its so hard to find a good one over here now ,if you want to do a full resto then no worrys but age has taken its toll with rust and all,

how do you guys go with the whole right hand drive cars? do you have to convert to left hand drive??

heres a coulpe of xb coupes the white one sold for $45,000 , the black and gold one sold for $60,000, and the rolling shell sold for $10,000

they are increadible prices and they arent even the high spec GT models

Attachments

• xb.jpg
    xb.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 98
  • xb1.jpg
    xb1.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 101
  • xb2.jpg
    xb2.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 100
^ Those look sweet!

And over here there are no laws against driving right hand drive vehicles. For some reason there are people that think there is but at the shop I work at we have quite a few customers driving them around and if you really wanted one they aren't that hard to find.

Dude those cars are beautiful. The one on top I think is a John Goss falcon. Ford also made a Falcon Cobra thats just the coolest looking thing ever. I love getting on youtube and watching the how they raced these cars back in the day. The aussies actually put an emphisis on handling along with 1/4 mile performance on their muscle cars.

IMG_0143.jpg

Holden SSV? Yes pls!

monaro3-h.jpg

Holden Manaro? Yes pls!

You also have the focus RS correct? FPV BF Falcon Cobra?

Must I go on? :rolleyes:

Oh, welcome to the forum by the way. :)
So the Holden SSV is the Autralian version of the Pontiac G8?

Back