New best for my production 4.1L block GN!

SVT F15O

Coolest guy on Earth
Was down at Cecil on Saturday and what a blast it was!!!
Made 3 passes before I was told I had to leave. :biggrin:
First pass off the trailer, I left easy, maybe 4PSI off the foot brake to test the track. 1.80 60ft time, car pulled like an animal down the whole track. 10.74 @ 131! Damn, I am thinking to myself with a good launch this car is gonna run a good number. Next pass out I leave off the transbrake at probably around 13PSI. 1.50 60ft time. This pass was an ultimate rush, best feeling I think I have ever had in a vehicle going down the track. 10.35 @ 130!!! Man was I excited as hell! The car just ran so good and smooth! Only problem was I shifted into OD(by mistake) and I think that hurt me a little.
Next pass I did a nice big burnout and planned to leave a little harder. Well the tires didn't like that and I came out of the hole sideways with a 1.60 60ft time. Car pulled strong again to 10.46 @ 131. I was stopped at the end of the track told I need a roll bar if I want to go that fast. :cool: So on the trailer she went.
Time to put the street tires on her and enjoy these last couple of weeks before the snow hits. I think over the Winter I may go with the Eagle stroker crank and rods kit. :wink: Time to ditch the stock crank and rods!

Special thanks to Otto Pernek for the great job on tuning. The car ran flawless! -Mat-

Congrats! Lets hear the detail about your combo.....

Pistons, cam, turbo, converter, girdle, etc, etc,

What he said^^^

If you wouldn't mind sharing your combo. I have two 4.1's in my garage and I cannot decide on which way to go, build a 109 or 4.1. I have read quite a bit about the 4.1's and I am still undecided.

Thanks

John

Spill the beans, whats your combo?

BW

Alright, the big secrets will be out!

Production 4.1L block
Girdled
Stock crank and rods
Probe pistons
Out of the box Champion heads with roller rockers
Reed roller cam
Champion intake manifold
F.A.S.T. Tuned by Otto
T-72 BB
Self built transmission with a Pro Torque torque converter(somewhere in the low 3,000 RPM range)
Stock rear
This car is HEAVY, absolutely NO weight reduction. My drag wheels and tires probably weigh the same as my street wheels and tires. LoL.
I am HEAVY too! :biggrin:
This was thru a full exhaust system too, no cat though.
As Otto mentioned, stock headers.

Probe pistons

That's great that you found an off the shelf piston. I'd love to hear the complete specs, details, brand, ect as to how you pulled it off with that piston & rod combo.