You can type here any text you want

New best in the GN at the track

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboTnZ06

Go on red!
Took the stock rebuilt, 87 GN to the track on Thursday to get better times with the cool front that went through. Ran pump 93. Temps around 70F at Bradenton Motorsports Park it went:

13.97 @ 96.61
13.86 @ 94.86
13.94 @ 95.45

The only performance mods are more fuel pressure(307 + hotwired + AFPR), K&N cone filter, 28 x 9 MT ET Drags. Scanmaster reads 0 KR and 810-840 O2 through 3rd gear. I'm re-evaluating not to sell it and best bang for the buck and safety since I'll be putting kids in the back soon. I'd take a loss on the next car I buy, so why not keep this one.

1. Moser axles, c-clip elim, and disc brake setup to keep the rear wheels from exiting wheel wells.

2. Razor's Alky + TT chip

3. RJC Power plate.

4. High flow cat, with electric dump right in front of it on stock downpipe.

I think that's all I need to go 12.0's @ 110 on an otherwise stock internal combo

1987 Buick Regal Grand National

buicks are family cars...you'll regret getting rid of it ...i say keep it and keep modding it along the way...& keep working on those times.

Keep the car. It wont owe you anything after a couple years of driving it. It should be driven anyway. Your a little on the rich side. The mph will come up a couple if you can tune it to around .780mv on pump gas. You could go leaner than that but it will be harder to avoid detonation.

What did it 60'?
How much boost?
How much launch boost?

Nice times...She's a keeper!

Those tires cost you E.T. and trap speed. Too tall.

Should use 26" tall tire and try again.

What did it 60'?
How much boost?
How much launch boost?

Nice times...She's a keeper!

Thanks,

1.88, 1.89 60 foots

Not sure about boost, the guage is reading high, I'll have to send it to get the electric board adjusted. 15-17#'s I'm guessing.

The 28 x 9's are borrowed from my 10 sec 127 mph Turbo T :biggrin: But ya, 26's would mph better. I definatley had no trouble with traction lol

10 sec 127 mph TR...LOL, your no newbie!! Just havin fun starting from scratch. That cool! Trim a little fuel like bison said and keep havin fun!!

Back