You can type here any text you want

New best

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

captflash

Old and Bold
Last Friday night I had my best run at PBIR. Unfortunately a blown head gasket and coasting the last 200' prevented me from busting into the 11's. Soon.
60' ... 1.8
330' ... 5.0
1/8 ...7.6@91.8
1000' ...9.9
1/4 ... 12.0@106.1
soon.

Hey, nice time for your combo......how much boost and timing? Was this on a DR?

Thanks. I was running 20lbs. of boost,timing I'm not sure but I believe21 but I'm not certain. I run 275/15/60's, Ultra street radials. I launched with 1 lb. of boost and didn't spin, the track is really hooking good. I would have done more on the next pass but blew the head gasket.

Sweet Run

That run you were on the way to 11's for sure CaptFlash, especially since you have gone 113mph already without the good 60ft. We know you will be solidly there when it is all put back together. PBIR has been getting the job done on the track prep recently too. Now all we need is the cool weather we have been waiting on all year.

Shev

I'm not really certain why the gasket blew, fuel was 760-770 with no knock right until the gasket let go. At that moment all hell broke loose on the scanmaster. Dave at J&J and I decided to go thru the whole engine and the engine is out. Hopefully everything will be done by the weekend. Cometic head gaskets, all new seals, gaskets, rings ect. New head studs to replace the head bolts.

I would be hunting for the reason the gasket popped, because now that it's studded and has good gaskets it will break something more expensive. Maybe hook up a temporary fuel pressure gauge you can watch while driving. Just my opinion.

Thanks. We are putting in a fuel pressure guage. Right when the gasket blew the fuel leaned out and I got knock. I let off but to late. I was in third, it ran 760-770 in first, second and third until about 4k in third then it leaned out, 695 according to the scanmaster. And the last thing I want is to blow it up now that We are going thru the engine from top to bottom, all new main and rod bearings, all new gaskets and seals and all steering and frame bushings. Thanks for the feedback and input.

Got a good fuel pump in there? Check your alky line filter.

Back