You can type here any text you want

New best

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
Kinda..playing around at the 1/8 mile track last nite..drove it there on my BFG's..still had the tools in the trunk.over half a tank of gas...first run..new chip..

r/t .502
60' 1.753
330 4.936
1/8 7.576
mph 93.11

Looks like some slicks and a 1.60 60 foot 11.4's are mine :) on 93 Amoco w/alky..with a 1.46 60 foot..wooosh..

Postal i'm coming for ya :D

I ran against a VW rail with NOS..like a dune buggy with wheelie bars..had to cut a good lite and take'm down :) he ran 7.65..close run.

24 PSI but on a low timing chip..actually you have a personal relationship with the chip..its got PTERACE DNA in it :D

Its all bout timing and fueling..I put the thrasher in and ran 7.70's just need some more tweaks and its getting there..

Next up is increase the alky amount.. ;)

That chip had LOADS of fuel in it if I remember correctly. Thats what I ran the numbers in my sig with.

Had ;) took care of that and added a 128 BLM lock patch, took out timing just from the WOT/LV8 load tables,adjusted this and that.. made a nice frankenstein donor..I like the scanmaster patch for SC PL.. i'm about 10 revisions into it..10 more should be just rite..only one way to really tell..at the track..

Better to tune a new chip at 1/8 mile track..get the bugs worked out.. plus my 1/4 track is starting to ask for a rollbar..bastards :mad:

Wont do it..the 1/8 mile track..hell I ran in shorts and a T-shirt

:D

Get that air bag yet?
I wonder whats making my car 60' so hard now. My old set up I would launch at 6 to 7 #'s and would 60' between 1.72 and 1.698. Now I' launching at 9#'s or so and in Michigan 3 of my 5 60's where in the 1.4's and the other two where low 1.5's. I changed to a tubular torque arm, adjustable control arms, adjustable panhard bar, driver air bag and removed my sway bars. All those parts I got for cheap off of Ebay except for the air bag. I got right about $300 in the torque arm, control arms, and panhard bar combined.
I think Some of my 60' is from those parts but I think alot is from making more power. I think that iced down intercooler and ram air/cold air set up is making good power for me. I did some searching on the board and the say MAF readings of 255 with a T-plus set up and extender chip equals 675 hp. Guys who see 185 run mid/high 11's. I have sean Maf readings in the 230's with the new set up at higher boost. I have also seen low 160's at only 16#'s! I have been tweaking on my car and you feel the front lift and the suspension twist from the torque when I romp on it at 50mph. This last for a little over a second then the fuel pressure drops :mad: . I changed the fuel filter and regulator tonight and had no luck. This walbro 340 I have is barely used and I'll be pist if its whats messing me up. I hope I dont need to upgrade injectors and go to a dbl pumper because I dont have the cash for that right now.

Heres what has me excited about my car right now,Keep in mind this is a bone stock 104k mile long block:

1. I ran a 13.20 at 10#'s of boost and crazy rich (high 800's and low 900's for o2's)

2. I ran 110mph and still broke into the 11's because of launching so hard.

3. I ran a 11.65 @ 116mph with my car sputtering so hard it was shaking the crap out of my steering wheel. Not vibrating but shaking violently but I was SO pist off that I wanted the damn thing to blow up so I just stayed in it!

4. My best run before was 11.30, on that run was my best 1/8th mile time and mph. 7.23 @ 97mph. I ran 7.16 at 95.x and 7.15 @ 96.x in Michigan and my car still wasnt running right, but it was alot better than at the nationals. It just had a mild stumble in it.

5. The car is launching hard. My 60' times are comparable to some 9 second cars. I know I'm not going to run no where near to 9's when its straightened out. But it is cool when your buddy tells you he'll trade you one of his low 10 second time slips for one of my wheel yanking 60's ;) .

6. The damn thing is running! I tore the car apart the fall before last and it sat for 19 months with out even being started.

I got a turbolink set up being mailed to me from a buddy. When I get the fuel prob straightened out ill send you some data to look at for me Razor.

Later: Jason

BTW: those are some damn respectable pump gas / street tire times and mph's.

Originally posted by Razor

Better to tune a new chip at 1/8 mile track..get the bugs worked out.. plus my 1/4 track is starting to ask for a rollbar..bastards :mad:

Wont do it..the 1/8 mile track..hell I ran in shorts and a T-shirt

:D

Its just a car Julio. You seem to enjoy racing it more than letting it sit in the garage. Put a Bar in it so you can continue to play at the track without getting into trouble.

Spend some money and have a nice custom 5 point made with removable bar.

Is this a high timing launch chip and then drop it as the car moves? Looks like you're heading in the right direction.

I put the Lubrant chip in for emissions and still have the converter in. I like the way the car feels and smells :) Maybe I'll hit the track with the cat still on. Don't think alky would hurt it?

Congrats

A few questions here.

Postal,
What does your combo look like? What is your pinion angle set at with the tubular torque arm?

Razor,
How much timing are you using and what alky jet?

Jason..no bag yet..its coming..I cant for the life of me figure why the car has dropped a .1-.15 off its 60 foot time..maybe the factory shocks are toast. :rolleyes:

Get me the files..actually get a direct scan if you can..theyre better for looking at minute stuff.

Rob..yep..works good too..need a couple more tweaks and it will be set..as soon as I deem it correct..I'll burn you one and see how your car responds..race chip with high timing cept the the final timing blocks brought down..this chip was 20.8 degrees..I'm going to try two more a 19.5 and a 19.0 and see what difference occurs.

Joe..how ya doing..ya met my pals at BG..they said your car scooted..almost as fast as mine :D ..hehe..

Using a Mcmaster carr jet I believe its a 15..im going to twin 15's and a shureflow pump in the next two weeks along with my controller..want to run a S*** load of alky..

Originally posted by TTA89
Its just a car Julio. You seem to enjoy racing it more than letting it sit in the garage. Put a Bar in it so you can continue to play at the track without getting into trouble.

Spend some money and have a nice custom 5 point made with removable bar.

Its a TTA..buwahaha..i'll put in a plastic PVC pipe..paint it black and put a chrome sticker on it..they'll never know..ahhh the good ol days..only requirement was not have a beer in your hand while racing..those days are gone..now they ask for pants,cages,jackets,bla bla bla..

I had to run with my SFI jacket on and shorts :D ..next I have to drape a 5 point harness over my torso...so it appears i'm legal..I've already had a car with a cage..what a pian that was..removeable bar and all..even made my hoop center bar removable so I could keep the back seat..fugedit..not doing it unless the car hits 10.50. Been there and done that.

Yeah yeah..safety..i'm 100 percent safer than the guy running a 56 Belair with drum brakes..

Razor:

What would a 7.576 1/8th work out to be in the 1/4 if you stayed in it? Would that be 11.70 or so? Man thats really smokin for pump gas and streets. Full weight car ran down the track the way you drove it there. Lot of guys out there on race fuel and slicks and modified engines would trade you time slips.
I got a couple of questions for you:
1. think softer 60' could be affected by on point of alcky or amount being sprayed?
2. How many mph do you pick up the second half of the track?
3. do you lock your torque convertor?
4. you ever try unhooking that front sway bar yet?
5. is it possible to burn a chip that runs a little leaner in first gear?
6. what turbo are you running?

Jason

Jason..good questions..and ones i've been playing with..

The front sway bar has no links in it as we speak..It hasnt since two weeks ago..60 foot is still down..I use to get same identical setup 1.60-1.65 fairly consistent..at least 4-5 times a nite..now its 1.70-1.8 4-5 times a nite.. and it squats hard thats why I think shocks?

Timing yes..picked up two tenths by swapping timing tables..lots more left in it.

Alky on low yes that is also a problem..I made a progressive boost based controller..i'm tweaking that now as well..

As far as first gear timing..yes and no..working on one that drops it more in third and leave 1-2 alone..gotta start somewhere :)

Turbo is a Precision PT51

Julio

Julio,
You mentioned lower timing in 3rd...that's what I did in my chip.
23º in 1st and 2nd then 20º in 3rd scaling back the PE curve above 3800 rpm as well. Eric Marshall and I have been tweaking my chip for alky and pump gas for some time now. I think we're finally pretty damn close! As of this past Friday night it went 11.67 @ 119.88 on alky and 92 pump...and that was with just a mere 1.75 short time!:0 It was about perfect conditions out: 77º, 32% humidity, and the barometric pressure was high:) Too bad the track was on and off all night, kinda depended what car I followed (damn SUV's drag'n 10 gallons of water up to the line!) Basing that pass off on my ones in BG, that should have been an 11.45 easy!

Joe,
What were your 330 and 1/8 numbers on that run?

I've been fighting the 330 demon..alky works great up top..it just kills 330 if too much if too much is sprayed too low.

Sounds close to the timing I'm running..fwiw.

Back