New Blazer Brakes

I don't have a lot of salvage yards near me so I did some looking around on the internet for these items...

If anyone is interested contact timo22 on GbodyForum.com he is selling kits that include both spindles, dust shields, caliper brackets, and hardware (even hub bolts) for $125.

I have a set from him on order right now. I'll let you know how much improved the upgrade is for me! Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Nice find. I'm definitely going to get hold of this guy for a kit.

20161204_095137001_1481160255440.jpg

Most part numbers are on my pictures. The wheel hubs I got off of eBay. They are for a 98-02 s10 2wd blazer. The brake lines I found I didn't like so much. Didn't fit the way I liked. I just put the ones that where on my car back in place . They are only a year old. Fit perfectly. Pads,Calipers,rotors are from Auto zone. I could have bought everything from salvage yard but the way our cars are going up in value I didn't want to take the chance.
In the picture you have longer braided stainless brake hoses. What is the part number for those? Are they by Russell? I have everything together except brake hoses, and I don't want to put original style back on there. Thanks.

Hello mhealth717. Yes they are Russell brake lines. I got them from Autozone. I don't recommend them. They didn't fit right. I blew the passenger side hose right off. Terrible. I wound up putting stock lines back on for now. I haven't decided what company to use. Till then the stock lines will due. Mine are only a year or so old....... E bay has some sets that will fit.

Hello mhealth717. Yes they are Russell brake lines. I got them from Autozone. I don't recommend them. They didn't fit right. I blew the passenger side hose right off. Terrible. I wound up putting stock lines back on for now. I haven't decided what company to use. Till then the stock lines will due. Mine are only a year or so old....... E bay has some sets that will fit.
Ok good to know. I'll stick to my stock replacement hoses for now. Waiting to get my parts back from the powdercoating company.

I did this swap a long time ago and it made a decent difference. Later on I swapped my master over to Hydroboost and that was an INSANE difference in conjunction with the S10 front brakes. I also have S10 rear wheel cylinders. I was seriously blown away when I could easily stop at the first turnoff from 120+ MPH at the dragstrip. I could not do that with the S10 front swap on the stock powermaster.

I took my rear aluminum drums to O Reilly's to have them turned, but they said they could not turn them as they were already 300mm (max is 300mm) maybe needed 20mm to clean and straighten.

I put them on so I would have something until I tracked down another pair. To my amazement with the adjusters all the way in, they (the worn ones) were a tight fit.

BTW- I have two long shoes from an S10 installed.

Can't see why not. I bought my regular s-10 blazer spindles on Craigslist . Not adjustment necessary

Not personal experience, but I read threads saying 2" drop spindles work perfectly aswell.

I did this swap back in 2012. Works great.

The only thing I didnt do is the metal brake line brackets. Which I'm currently trying to track down a set.

Russell brake hoses work okay, just dont turn on the locks and break one in half... Ask me how I found that out. Thank God I was only going 3mph.

But other than that the brakes work good and my GN stops awesome even with vacuum brakes.

I love mine. I would go as far to say that the conversion cut my stopping distance in half. I mean that!

Staten Island Antique Automoblie Club of America Car Show...

Attachments

• 20170917_160144.jpg
    20170917_160144.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 190
  • 20170917_160156.jpg
    20170917_160156.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 126
I don't have a lot of salvage yards near me so I did some looking around on the internet for these items...

If anyone is interested contact timo22 on GbodyForum.com he is selling kits that include both spindles, dust shields, caliper brackets, and hardware (even hub bolts) for $125.

I have a set from him on order right now. I'll let you know how much improved the upgrade is for me! Thanks.

From timo22's post:

I have several sets of Blazer front spindles and hardware for doing an upgrade on GBody front disc brakes.
The set includes the following parts:
2 Spindles w/ 6 hub bearing bolts
2 Dust Shields
2 Caliper Brackets w/ 2 bolts for spindles and 2 bolts for calipers
2 Brake Hose Brackets w/ bolts and clips
To upgrade your brakes ,you will need hub bearings, rotors, calipers,pads, and brake rubber lines.. I also recommend getting brake lineadapters . (Edelman 258340) These adapters allow you to connect your hard lines to the Blazer brake hoses.
I do not supply the rotors , bearings, or calipers due to they are always in debatable condition, but the junkyards charge you like they are good. These parts also would add considerable weight when shipping.
The sets are $125.00 plus shipping. If you are interested, send me your zip code for a ship rate..Thanks for looking, Timo22

I took my rear aluminum drums to O Reilly's to have them turned, but they said they could not turn them as they were already 300mm (max is 300mm) maybe needed 20mm to clean and straighten.

I put them on so I would have something until I tracked down another pair. To my amazement with the adjusters all the way in, they (the worn ones) were a tight fit.

BTW- I have two long shoes from an S10 installed.

Mike, are talking about stock aluminum TR drums? If so max dia is only 243.5mm