New Blazer Brakes

Before you buy those I would ask around and double check. A friend of mine used the ford stuff and he wasn't happy with fitment. Like I said before just start calling Chevy parts departments. They can track them down for you. . Just takes time. If you look and the beginning of the thread I provided part numbers for the whole swap.

I do not know the part number. However I know they can easily be found at Napa. No one could ever find me the Blazer hub bolts.....not even the dealer. I actually found out when I replaced the front hubs on a buddy's explorer. The new hubs came with new bolts so I used the old ones on my blazer spindles.

7908B2B2-5F9B-4B00-8665-67D44AC2A139.jpeg

I'm liking that black coated rotor look! Very nice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Thank you . The black coating wears off after the first mile and leaves the dimples and slots blaCK

Here is the same conversion with different calipers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 5BD4D550-1D69-45DD-A49A-8DA1F05CC895.jpeg
    5BD4D550-1D69-45DD-A49A-8DA1F05CC895.jpeg
    411.4 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
From timo22's post:

I have several sets of Blazer front spindles and hardware for doing an upgrade on GBody front disc brakes.
The set includes the following parts:
2 Spindles w/ 6 hub bearing bolts
2 Dust Shields
2 Caliper Brackets w/ 2 bolts for spindles and 2 bolts for calipers
2 Brake Hose Brackets w/ bolts and clips
To upgrade your brakes ,you will need hub bearings, rotors, calipers,pads, and brake rubber lines.. I also recommend getting brake lineadapters . (Edelman 258340) These adapters allow you to connect your hard lines to the Blazer brake hoses.
I do not supply the rotors , bearings, or calipers due to they are always in debatable condition, but the junkyards charge you like they are good. These parts also would add considerable weight when shipping.
The sets are $125.00 plus shipping. If you are interested, send me your zip code for a ship rate..Thanks for looking, Timo22
I contacted TIMO22 and he's sending me a set :) Thanks for the lead on that one.

I know this question has been asked a couple of times before - but does anyone have the part number for the 3 bolts that hold the bearing assembly on the spindle - every time I think I have the correct part number I wind up not getting the correct part - im going to go broke buying bolts here soon
thanks in advance

Jeff. Just call any Chevy parts dept in your area. Tell them you are looking for wheel hub bolts for a 98-05 S-10 Blazer 2wd. They can track them down for you. I threw out the packing mine came in, that's how you will get a part number and they can get them for you.

I know this question has been asked a couple of times before - but does anyone have the part number for the 3 bolts that hold the bearing assembly on the spindle - every time I think I have the correct part number I wind up not getting the correct part - im going to go broke buying bolts here soon
thanks in advance

I just received a set from Timo22. I noticed some threads (M12 -1.75) by (2” long) could have seen better days and maybe these pics could help.

** corrected to from 2 3/8" to 2" long bolt.

6a6d15496125240c558ac6daa667e209.jpg

578d148c77c03e63bab39655d9e35c3e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
thanks everyone for the info on the bolts - i for some reason in my old age thought that the bolts were not available from GM anymore - ill check them out tomorrow

BTW- Bolt with a head on it is measured under the "head" to the end. UHL is what they are referenced by.

studs without a head is overall length (OAL)