You can type here any text you want

New Brake Tube Material

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

hemi8

Goin Sideways
I was working on installing the Baer rear disc brakes and when we came to the combination valve the fun began, about half the brake fittings were rounded off with a S-K tube wrench. I thought it would really bite working with brake line but it was a cinch. I used a new tube called Poly Armor, easy to bend even with your hand, easy to double flare, even with my POS China made Jegs double flare tool. I also found the Eastwood tube bending pliers very helpful. I found that you can purchase the gravel guard seperately, per foot. One of my rear brake lines got kinked during the install so I needed to cover the new line with a gravel guard. Simple simple compared to the old days, easy alternative to Classic Tube who got on my bad side with their ill-fitting SS trans lines.
Gravel Guard: Brake Line Spring Wrap
Poly Armor: Products
Eastood Pliers: Eastwood's Brake Tubing Pliers
Disk-Disk Combination valve needed for Baer Kit part PV4: Proportioning Valves - Pirate Jack - Hotrod, Restoration, & OEM Auto Parts

Mike

Sounds like cunifer. Neat stuff. Mil spec, easy to work with, but high burst strength, and will not rust or corode, and has a neat bronze copperish look. It is an alloy of copper, nickel, and iron. Pricey though.

I blew a brake line on my truck. Of course it was the worst one to replace. I had to go from the ABS pump which is under the driver's rear of the cab to the right front, which routes along the left side of the truck, up to the front bumper and around. I got a brake line repair kit with all kinds of fittings, and the above mentioned line. It worked great, and only took me 15 mins to run the line and it flared very easy. Awesome stuff. I paid for it though, but the time savings was worth it to me.

Back