New Buick heads up class (67 turbo, etc...)

I guess I will run the outlaw class with the big boys. I will just loose more weight so my 109 street motor will have a chance against the stage2 cars.:)
My car weighs 3100 lbs now and I am not going add weight to make a class!

I guess I will run the outlaw class with the big boys. I will just loose more weight so my 109 street motor will have a chance against the stage2 cars.:)
My car weighs 3100 lbs now and I am not going add weight to make a class!
I thought you were going to try to make the TSM class? The TSO guys are in the 8's.

My IT dept. has t6p blocked, so I can't see the thread. Is there a list of proposed rules? If so, can you paste them in this thread?

K.

Here is what has been covered so far:

Very basic over view of the rules below:

3500# for an iron headed 8445 casting head
3650# for an aluminum headed aftermarket head with stock style pattern
(no stage heads)
Block is to be a 109 Buick V6 only
Transmission has to be a 200R4 with any converter allowed
Any air to air intercooler, no liquid or add on cooling allowed
After market fuel management allowed
Factory AC and heat equipment required
Factory stock appearing Type 1 or 2 DIS. Cam position sensor required.
Alchy injection allowed, gasoline must be used as primary fuel source.
Turbo will be limited to a 67mm that is presently being sold to the public.
( no customs one off stuff)
Full exhaust required, must muffle and exit in stock location. Single allowed.
max size of single ordaul 3.5 inches
Stock fuel tank must be in place but a fuel cell can be added.
4 matching wheels required.
Slick up 10.5 sidewall designation, Drag radial up 275/60

This is just a start and many more things will have be looked at but I believe it should give everyone interested an idea of what kinda cars this class is being put together for.

Here is what has been covered so far:

Very basic over view of the rules below:

3500# for an iron headed 8445 casting head
3650# for an aluminum headed aftermarket head with stock style pattern
(no stage heads)
Block is to be a 109 Buick V6 only
Transmission has to be a 200R4 with any converter allowed
Any air to air intercooler, no liquid or add on cooling allowed
After market fuel management allowed
Factory AC and heat equipment required
Factory stock appearing Type 1 or 2 DIS. Cam position sensor required.
Alchy injection allowed, gasoline must be used as primary fuel source.
Turbo will be limited to a 67mm that is presently being sold to the public.
( no customs one off stuff)
Full exhaust required, must muffle and exit in stock location. Single allowed.
max size of single ordaul 3.5 inches
Stock fuel tank must be in place but a fuel cell can be added.
4 matching wheels required.
Slick up 10.5 sidewall designation, Drag radial up 275/60

This is just a start and many more things will have be looked at but I believe it should give everyone interested an idea of what kinda cars this class is being put together for.

Kinda like 1/2 TSS, 1/2 TSM...

Probably a mid-high 9-sec. @ approx. 135+mph class.

K.

Kinda like 1/2 TSS, 1/2 TSM...

Probably a mid-high 9-sec. @ approx. 135+mph class.

K.

That's what I was thinking. High 9's to start with.... then it will get quicker and quicker.

Rules fit my car to a "T".

The only problem will be the transmission rule. I know a local car that is already in the high 9s with irons, 200, and 67 turbo. I think mid nines would wreak havoc on a 200.. Get ready to rebuild after each race. :)

I think with a hot TSM setup to meet these rules would be in the mid 9s easy especially with alcohol.

Well Kevin,
I have fiberglass doors, 350 turbo trans and I cannot put the back seat back in the car because of the way the cage was installed. This class looks like a TSM class. There needs to be a index class 10.0 or 9.50 and run what you brung. It should not matter if there is interior or what trans it has in it. And yes they are in the 8's but I run my car twice a week not once a month if your lucky. I might not even be legal for TSO class???

What about a offsetting rule where the turbo determines your weight limits. If you run a TE44 you can weigh 2800 pounds and if you run a TE45a you must weight at least 3400 pounds?

I say 200, 350 or 400 trans should be ok.

No transbrakes makes it easier on parts.

The only problem will be the transmission rule. I know a local car that is already in the high 9s with irons, 200, and 67 turbo. I think mid nines would wreak havoc on a 200.. Get ready to rebuild after each race. :)

I think with a hot TSM setup to meet these rules would be in the mid 9s easy especially with alcohol.

It would definitely put the best 200's/converter's to the test.

I say 200, 350 or 400 trans should be ok.

If you allow that you might as well just run TSM, as there wouldn't be much else different. To make the class work there qould need to be distict differences between the other current race classes. Too much one way or the other and you might as well just run what is out there now.

K.

Step it up Tony and jump into TSO. Scott Simpson is the only one who had balls enough to step up with a 109 block so far..........

You can weigh in at 3200#

The class sounds interesting........smaller turbo that more people run anyway......200 tranny.....full ac and heat......with alky......this proposed class would be more suited for the masses who own these cars.....Good idea Kip, you're pretty sharp for a short white boy !

.....as far as index racing, it is my opinion that it would suck.....throttle stops, sand-bagging, it all kinda takes the head-to-head competiveness out of it........Good Luck with the class......Let me know if you need any help Kip.

:mad: ...again, another of those classes in which my car won't be allowed in...The rules say:

1° - "must be a "109" buick block...well I have a T/A block...:rolleyes:
2° - "turbo size 67mm"...I have a 72mm...:rolleyes:

I simply hate these f***ing classes TSO, TSM, TSL, TSE, and now, I suppose it will be "THS"!...:(

LONG LIVE BRACKET RACING WHERE EVERYONE HAS A CHANCE!

Claude.

it would definately show you who can & who can not build a 200. I'm willing to bet a Jannis 200 could hold up to the abuse.

Turbo cars are hard to control bracket racing. I win all day by finishing first but I still lose because my numbers do not match. Thats BS. Ted do not count me out:)