NEW DW 400 IN-TANK PUMP!

Nick Micale

Tech Advisor
Staff member
I just received a pre-production DW 400 fuel pump for field testing. :cool:

From the picture you can readily see it is larger than the DW 300 which is the size of most replacement pumps.

It is shown with a 3/8" barb outlet, but can easily be changed, or ordered with an AN outlet.

This pump is compatible with E-85.

Performance specs have not yet been released, but it will be much more than the DW 300.

We plan to check performance and output in a vehicle and while on a chassis dyno, as well as driving, as we have this info on turbo cars with the DW 300 pump.

While this may or may not replace a double pump set-up, it will provide much more fuel delivery for those who want just a single pump with more output than currently available, especially for E-85 conversions! :)

DW 400.JPG

very interested in the outcome of the testing.Met these guys at PRI show,VERY nice people.I think they said 3 year warranty and 800 hp with this pump ,rear wheel or crank don`t remember,old age.

Let me know what happens Nick, as you know, I'm right on the edge with the fueling in my car.;)

Looks like it might also take some very creative hanger modifications. ?

I wonder how low it will let you set the fuel pressure throught the stock fuel lines.

It would not be smart to use the stock 1/4" return line with this pump. :eek:

We will be modifying a stock hanger to accommodate this pump physically as well as changing the 5/16" vent line as the return to have a full 3/8" supply feed line.

These details will be posted as we progress. :)

Another one...all these pumps should be sent to a flow bench and tested at the same time. The single in-tank pump that matches the flow of a double pumper is what we want. Now...who's pump is up to it.

Cant imagine even trying the stock return with this pump...heck, my walbro with some factory line restrictions cut out here and there overwhelms my stock return at 14.1 volts.

The single in-tank pump that matches the flow of a double pumper is what we want.
This isn't it. It won't match two 255s and it will fall even shorter when compaired to the Racetronix doublepumper that uses two Aeromotive pumps. We all want this? Says who?

This isn't it. It won't match two 255s and it will fall even shorter when compaired to the Racetronix doublepumper that uses two Aeromitive pumps. We all want this? Says who?

Again "asshat", you jump into a fuel pump thread with your bogus FACT "that it won't match two 255's" and cannot even spell Aeromotive correctly? :(

I never said that it would, or would not, match a double pumper since we have not yet tested the DW400, or done a comparison, so how the hell do you KNOW this? :confused:

If you had posted as your "OPINION", then that would have not made you look like a fool bashing a product, when have NO you clue about its performance.

I spend my time and $$$$ trying to improve performance and reliability for our turbo cars with parts and methods, and clowns like you have a habit of posting crap that you cannot back up, or have no clue or experience the subject.

If you need to stroke your ego to show how "smart and knowledgeable" you are, maybe a visit to Dr. Phil's web site would help? :cool:

Again "asshat", you jump into a fuel pump thread with your bogus FACT "that it won't match two 255's" and cannot even spell Aeromotive correctly? :(

I never said that it would, or would not, match a double pumper since we have not yet tested the DW400, or done a comparison, so how the hell do you KNOW this? :confused:

If you had posted as your "OPINION", then that would have not made you look like a fool bashing a product, when have NO you clue about its performance.

I spend my time and $$$$ trying to improve performance and reliability for our turbo cars with parts and methods, and clowns like you have a habit of posting crap that you cannot back up, or have no clue or experience the subject.

If you need to stroke your ego to show how "smart and knowledgeable" you are, maybe a visit to Dr. Phil's web site would help? :cool:
I wasn't talking to you. I know this because I didn't quote you.

I will be interested it the data. I would like to see what is the best pump setup using the stock feed as the return and the -8 feed since its more commonly used over the -10 or -6. These test can help those like me that prefer an in-tank pump setup. If I found a single intank monster pump that will do the job, I'd buy it. Until then my twin walbro that both run all the time will continue to feed my engine. Nick keep us posted. I see that squeezing two of those in the tank looks like a no go.

Over all,I would give you an A for name calling.

Ok, Ok, you win.

You came in here and crapped all over the OP's thread and then get pissy about it when he calls you out on it, but you won, OK. It's over, leave it alone.

Now, back to the subject at hand.

Nick, I'd love to hear about the progress of your testing. I'm certain I will see the end result personally.

Thanks for doing this for all of us.

You came in here and crapped all over the OP's thread and then get pissy about it when he calls you out on it, but you won, OK. It's over, leave it alone.
Really ? Crapped? Pissy?
Nick (a guy with atrocious grammar) want's to make fun of me for accidentally hitting the I instead of the O and not catching it,accuse me of not being able to spell,and concluding that what ever I say must be wrong because I can't spell. That's laughable. The only one who needs to be called out is him for his behavior. Where is the condemnation for jasjamz's excitement over the prospect of this pump being able to perform as well as two 255's. After all,as Nick said there are no numbers to show that this is true.

If I found a single intank monster pump that will do the job, I'd buy it.
I see that squeezing two of those in the tank looks like a no go.
By what you've written,I'm unsure if you're a fan of one pump or two. I know,not believe,that Nick would never recommend the installation of more than one fuel pump in any car or vehicle powered with an internal combustion engine. I see that you also have concerns about the second pump coming on when needed.