You can type here any text you want

New Eagle Crankshaft

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87buickracer

Finally check the specs on my new eagle crankshaft today and thought I would share my findings..Crank oil holes were chamfered and rear seal area had the cross hatch marks..These are the results for eagle,right out of the box..

Mains journal specs:
#1) 2.499"
#2) 2.499"
#3) 2.499"
#4) 2.499"

Rod journal specs:
#1) 2.249"
#2) 2.249"
#3) 2.2485"
#4) 2.2491"
#5) 2.2487"
#6) 2.249"

I will probably go with the k1 rods and be able to post more specs at a later date..Main journals were perfect and rods will be fine too..I'm pleased with the out come after hearing all the talk about eagle and cat cranks..I'm looking to have my main bearing clearance at .0018" and rods at .002"..

Attachments

• Picture 046.jpg
    Picture 046.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 276
  • Picture 049.jpg
    Picture 049.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 285
  • Picture 048.jpg
    Picture 048.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 283
Does it look like it'll need chamfered bearings?

The one I did, did not. The nose had a small hump on the end though - not a big deal, just a little interference when putting the balancer on.

Very good by the way.

Some of your numbers are only carried out to 3 places. Is your accuracy only to that decimal place ? Did you check taper ? Did you measure 90 degrees apart ? How is the crank flange ? Do the chamfers clear the bearings ?
Allan G.

Some of your numbers are only carried out to 3 places. Is your accuracy only to that decimal place ? Did you check taper ? Did you measure 90 degrees apart ? How is the crank flange ? Do the chamfers clear the bearings ?
Allan G.

I will have it all checked out when I get back to the machine shop..
I only did the rods and mains today..
Rod journals 1,2,and 6 was dead on so I didn't bother to show the extra digit.
I will be sure to post the rest of my findings when I get back to the shop,thanks for the info.
In the original post I believe I mentioned that I will post specs at a later date..just wanted to show journal specs today,didn't have much time today to do much of anything..

Back