New GN with issues.

So, it sat for 8 or 9 years. Why? I suspect it was beat on, broke and left for dead. Think you bought a pig in poke and it will get expensive to fix. Find a guru to take it to and get it evaluated before you're in over your head.

So, it sat for 8 or 9 years. Why? I suspect it was beat on, broke and left for dead. Think you bought a pig in poke and it will get expensive to fix. Find a guru to take it to and get it evaluated before you're in over your head.

I picked it up from a family member who also had 10 other classic cars and I know for a fact it ran perfectly fine beforehand. The fuel pump went out and interest in the car was lost, so it sat neglected. Couldnt pass up the deal whether it was beat up or not, and hopefully I can get it back on the road soon.

Appreciate all the help from this forum. Thanks

Pull oil fill cap of see if it’s huffing air. Probably head gasket shit the bed
Sitting for 9 yrs it needs a bunch of new stuff before hammering on it I’d go over everything.

Pull oil fill cap of see if it’s huffing air. Probably head gasket shit the bed
Sitting for 9 yrs it needs a bunch of new stuff before hammering on it I’d go over everything.
Anderson performance in md can fix it
410-827-7826

I picked it up from a family member who also had 10 other classic cars and I know for a fact it ran perfectly fine beforehand. The fuel pump went out and interest in the car was lost, so it sat neglected. Couldnt pass up the deal whether it was beat up or not, and hopefully I can get it back on the road soon.

Appreciate all the help from this forum. Thanks
It's highly likely the failing fuel pump allowed the engine to run lean and do damage. Turbo cars need each system to function perfect to prevent damage under boost. I broke the seal on a head gasket running lean for about 6 seconds at 10psi boost.

My cars sat for 8 years in storage after the owner passed away. New fuel tank, lines, radiator, belts, hoses, drivers side header replaced, water pump, vacumm lines, vacumm block, O2 sensor (thanks to the guys on this forum, damn good diagnoses) TT chip (had a "kenne bell Ultimate in it" and the list goes on.) 10 year plus K an N breather leaked oil all over due to the hardened seal. New seal and no leak. Don't get me started on the powermaster. These cars are addicting and still from what I've seen half the fun is figuring out what the hell broke and fixing it. Don't get discouraged. dump your oil- coolant or water in it? Blowing white smoke? Losing coolant? Head is shot. Major blow by or just a leak on the valve covers? Missing or Damn cracked drivers side header like mine? If not, do a compression test for piece of mind and get back to work. Any mechanic who's worth a crud can diagnose at blown headgasket pretty quick. Keep up the fire and thank all these guys who have damn good advice and good places to start.

My cars sat for 8 years in storage after the owner passed away. New fuel tank, lines, radiator, belts, hoses, drivers side header replaced, water pump, vacumm lines, vacumm block, O2 sensor (thanks to the guys on this forum, damn good diagnoses) TT chip (had a "kenne bell Ultimate in it" and the list goes on.) 10 year plus K an N breather leaked oil all over due to the hardened seal. New seal and no leak. Don't get me started on the powermaster. These cars are addicting and still from what I've seen half the fun is figuring out what the hell broke and fixing it. Don't get discouraged. dump your oil- coolant or water in it? Blowing white smoke? Losing coolant? Head is shot. Major blow by or just a leak on the valve covers? Missing or Damn cracked drivers side header like mine? If not, do a compression test for piece of mind and get back to work. Any mechanic who's worth a crud can diagnose at blown headgasket pretty quick. Keep up the fire and thank all these guys who have damn good advice and good places to start.

Thank you for the reply. I changed the oil and dont see any coolant or water in it, oil looks amber and fresh. I'm not losing coolant that I can tell as of yet. I'm going to get a compression test for some piece of mind or an answer to the head gasket question.

I'm definitely grateful to this forum already. I havent gotten this kind of comradery or eagernest to help from anywhere else, thats for sure.

No boost gauge + no scanmaster + car sitting for years+ hard acceleration= mo $$$ mo problems. That wasn’t a good move. It’s not a guaranteed head gasket but it could be. Just because a car has been sitting does NOT mean that it was beat on or abused. Get the car to someone who knows about Buick’s or find someone on here that does. Then find out what converter, chip, turbo, intercooler, injectors you have. Don’t even start the car until you get a scanmaster, boost gauge, new fuel filter, fuel pressure gauge, and some fresh Dino oil 20W-50. I also ASSumed that you either pumped all the old gas out or let it run till empty and filled with fresh gas 93 minimum.

If it kicked the gasket into the intake it won’t mix. You will just pressurize the crankcase. This is were they usually blow

That's what mine did. When you turned it off you could hear a light hiss eventually.

These cars are addicting and still from what I've seen half the fun is figuring out what the hell broke and fixing it. Don't get discouraged.

As much as I hate to admit this i have never heard truer words.

cb0005b32355f8da51a5519a47b32c8e.jpg

This is what mine looked like. Symptoms like yours. Blowing oil out of the valve cover breather and dipstick.

Compression leak down test time. Report back, let us know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cb0005b32355f8da51a5519a47b32c8e.jpg

This is what mine looked like. Symptoms like yours. Blowing oil out of the valve cover breather and dipstick.

Compression leak down test time. Report back, let us know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like I said. Kicked a field goal into the intake lol

With the limited time/tools available and with the car being 600 miles away from home It looks like I'm taking it to Anderson performance next week. Will keep you updated on diagnosis!

Thanks again

If youre willing to go to Md then I'd like to suggest you look up Jim Dunn. He's on the outskirts of Philly. Not easy getting a car to him tho cuz he only works on 1 at a time but hes beyond meticulous.