You can type here any text you want

New Guy in Portland.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

~JM~

Wrinkled Member
Hey everyone,

I'm beginning my education on these cars. I just missed out on what was most likely a great buy in my area & am now kicking myself in the backside.

I'm looking for advice on what models are preferred over others & why. What to look out for & what to avoid, etc. All the good stuff that takes a while to learn.

Are there many owners or clubs in the Portland, Or. area?

How about any performance shops or mechanics that are real sharp on these cars?

Please feel free to PM or e-mail me any tips, info, or heads up on cars for sale.

Thanks
~JM~

There is a 86 T-type on craigslist up here near Seattle. Looks like it need some work.I think he wants $6500

There's a nice GN for sale down in Cave Junction, if I remember correctly, it's low miles and he wants something like $12,500 for it. I've seen the car before and it's clean and mostly original. Look in the autotrader. Good luck on your search.

Thanks guys.

I've seen that ad up north. It's a T-top car. I like to avoid T-tops & sun roofs. They sure are popular up here in water world.

If you want to go fast you're better off with an 86 or 87 model. Other than that you can't really go wrong. I've owned 6 Turbo Regals ranging from stock to heavily modified (10.40's @ 129). Just do your homework on this board and look at the buyers guide on the Turbo Regal Website. Theres enough info out here to help you avoid any problems. I would avoid dealers at all cost.

Good to have another TR enthusiast in Portland. I have been half-ass shopping for another one but I've got too many other projects that aren't getting done.

Back