New Kirban 200 amp alternator reading 15 plus volts on scan master.

YOUR OK . IT HAS TO CREATE MORE VOLTAGE , SO IT CAN KEEP THE BATTERY CHARGE UNDER A LOAD .

The old alternator never got above 14.1 and a guy in houston said he thinks thats way too much and will burn things up. He said the voltage regulator must be bad?

WELL BY ALL MEANS GO WITH THE GUY FROM HOUSTON ! I GUESS IVE BEEN BURNING MY STUFF UP FOR YEARS .:cool:

YES ... MY SCANMASTER READS MID 15 TO 14 MOST OF THE TIME .. THE SCANMASTER SEE'S ECM VOLTAGE NOT BATTERY OR ALT .. 4 VOLTS OVER 12 IS WHAT MOST GOOD BATTERY'S READ OFF THE SHELF .

YES ... MY SCANMASTER READS MID 15 TO 14 MOST OF THE TIME .. THE SCANMASTER SEE'S ECM VOLTAGE NOT BATTERY OR ALT .. 4 VOLTS OVER 12 IS WHAT MOST GOOD BATTERY'S READ OFF THE SHELF .
NO they dont they read 12.6 volts

might want to check your volt meter.even with a surface charge you wuldnt get over 13.1 each cell in a battery is 2.1 volts

What voltage do you see at the battery when it is running?

sound like a bad regulator to me. that high of voltage all the time isn't necessarily a good thing. you can literally boil your battery.