New launch pic

Dusty Bradford

Here's a pic from one of my 1.29 60's at Huntsville a couple months ago. It was a printed pic a guy sent me so it's a scan. This was taken on the way up before I peddled it to keep it from getting too high. My friends behind the car said they could see the hood so it got up there....too bad the pic was taken so early.

Attachments

• hsvleave1.jpg
    hsvleave1.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 591
1.29 On Drag Radials, Huh...

I'd say you are doing pretty good youg man. Good job ! :smile:

plowboy72 said:
Kool baby! U coming to Atlanta Dusty?

No, I can't make it :( I have to work this weekend.

Thanks guys......Hey Cliff, you got an update or some #'s from a track outing.

Dusty Bradford said:
No, I can't make it :( I have to work this weekend.

Thanks guys......Hey Cliff, you got an update or some #'s from a track outing.

My only update is that I have drag racing blue balls... went to the dyno last thursday, had some problems, got it sorted out friday, got rained out at the track while in tech on sat night, rained out sunday.... :(

On the dyno, I figured out I had the wrong valve springs in the car.. wouldnt rpm past 5500 rpm, just hit a wall... I'll pm you some details-

Cliff

John Wilde said:
WTF...... Where did that picture come from????? :confused: :eek:

Someone took it at Huntsville. I found a printout of it and scanned it which is where that pic is from. This was a 5.33 but I peddled it to get the nose down, really wish I had video of it. It got up a lot higher than that, I lost sight of the timing boards and it was drifting towards the right wall. Even with peddling and coming down right at the 60' it still went a 1.29. After this pass I set the travel limiters, made a swaybar adjustment and went the 5.25....

Great Pic!.... You gota love when you can see the Trans Pan without getting on your knees!! :biggrin:

Sweet Pic. You got those drag radials working. If you dont mind me asking, What kind of tire pressure do you run in them? Thanks CC

BAGN said:
Sweet Pic. You got those drag radials working. If you dont mind me asking, What kind of tire pressure do you run in them? Thanks CC

We set them to 14# in the staging lanes. I have been as low as 13# but it's not very consistent. They are very hard to hook on a high temp track also, much over 115 and you better pull some power out of it.

Dusty Bradford said:
We set them to 14# in the staging lanes. I have been as low as 13# but it's not very consistent. They are very hard to hook on a high temp track also, much over 115 and you better pull some power out of it.

e-mail me!

So that pic was on the m/t drag radials? I think I saw your car at BG with the 295's, right?