You can type here any text you want

New member, pics of resto project

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rosewood turbo

Some may know me from other Buick sites. I bought this car(avatar pic) in MD at a salvage auction, I recently discovered that it used to belong to TimType87 a Magnabuick member, as you see the thieves butchered it but its coming back to life with a little hard work. If anyone knows him, have him contact me Id like to find some history on it and let him know its in good hands again. Hi everyone, glad to be here:D .

good to see your going to bring her back to life, take pics of progress. don't know the guy but keep us posted on the progress, does it have a drivetrain?

Yes it was about the only reason besides interior to save it. The cooler, pipes, intake tube w/ map, rear axle all gone. I just wish they had been kinder to it, the rear arms hacked with a torch, dropped on the front corner and busted the header. I just bought an 85 GN shell last night so I have what I need to get it driving. Thanks for the encouragment.

I am also a MAGNA member, someone posted Tim to PM you. I am glad you are bringing it back to life. I wanted to buy it from him before it went to auction, but it would have sat for a couple of years while I finish my WE4. Just didn't want to see it crushed!

Welcome and congrats! Tim's old car was very nice! I'm sure you can bring it back to life! If you go on the MAGNA page on TBs.com and make a post I'm sure he will respond. I can send him a PM for you also.

Thanks everybody. I hate to see them crushed too, I always watch the sales since I'm a SC dealer, in fact if anyone is looking for there wrecked, stolen ect car I'll see what I can find or if you just want a project I can buy at closed auction for you.

You get a big thumbs up for saving this car! Keep us posted on your progress :cool:

I'm not sure where in S.C. you are, but if you need any help resurrecting a such a rare Rosewood T, let us know.

Thanks for keeping one together.

K.

Man I haven't seen that car in years. If you find any cars at auction in that condition or otherwise e-mail me. I buy alot of them :eek: :D
Great Job on saving another rosewood!!!

Here is a rosewood I just sent to GA. to get painted. It's headed back this way this weekend. Moon roof Rosewood limited.
I'll give the person that can come up with what is not stock on the body besides the rear spoiler 10% off on their next order.
Just wanted to say Thanks Daniel Ray (Dreamscape Kustom Paint) & let you know no you don't get to guess LOL.

Attachments

• passengerside.jpg
    passengerside.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 460
Mine is a moon roof too. I'm adding the spoiler from the 85 GN parts car I just bought. Ive found 5 so far and I'm just watching for them to clear for sale. If you are interested I buy for poeple all the time. jim

Mine is a moon roof too. I'm adding the spoiler from the 85 GN parts car I just bought. Ive found 5 so far and I'm just watching for them to clear for sale. If you are interested I buy for poeple all the time. jim

Jim that is our business. Shoot me a PM with a good time to call you.

Man I haven't seen that car in years. If you find any cars at auction in that condition or otherwise e-mail me. I buy alot of them :eek: :D
Great Job on saving another rosewood!!!

Here is a rosewood I just sent to GA. to get painted. It's headed back this way this weekend. Moon roof Rosewood limited.
I'll give the person that can come up with what is not stock on the body besides the rear spoiler 10% off on their next order.
Just wanted to say Thanks Daniel Ray (Dreamscape Kustom Paint) & let you know no you don't get to guess LOL.

Looks like it has molded in gnx fender flares. Nice starter car by the way was sad to hear about what happend when it was stolen form Tim

The header panel has no header. I swear the wreckers and loader drivers do as much damage as the thieves. No flairs, they just look wider with no axle or tires showing. I thought about GNX add ons but that only seems right on a black car.

Looks like it has molded in gnx fender flares. Nice starter car by the way was sad to hear about what happend when it was stolen form Tim

Tim rears only, good eye :biggrin:
Yes the header panel emblem is missing but the holes are there for it.

Gary you are also correct. Danny & I opted to go with a thin chrome strip on the bottom. That way the rear flares wouldn't be noticable.
Alot of the chrome wasn't installed due to the paint not being cured.
He did a great job putting the wheel well molding on the flare.:cool:

The header panel has no header. I swear the wreckers and loader drivers do as much damage as the thieves. No flairs, they just look wider with no axle or tires showing. I thought about GNX add ons but that only seems right on a black car.

everyone has doubts but here is my buddy's car i painted the wheels and stuff on looks pretty decent if ya ask me!! but just showing pic to give u a look!!!!

100_0595.jpg

Back